Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation promises $255 million more for Polio eradication
I Read This
August 16, 2018, 13:31:05 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New here? Read our voting instructions and rules

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation promises $255 million more for Polio eradication  (Read 3417 times)
Aeron
Political Commentator

What?

« on: January 21, 2009, 21:12:03 EST »

http://www.sciam.com/blog/60-second-science/post.cfm?id=bill-gates-hands-over-millions-more-2009-01-21

The BMGF, Rotary International, and British and German governments have pledged $630 million dollars to eradicate polio once and for all. They should allot $50,000 of that to relocate the anti-vaxx 'tards to the McDonald Islands. >.>
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 22:53:21 EST by Aeron » Logged
Medivh
Pundit

Power-mad elf

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 01:51:07 EST »

Forced quarantine, I like it!

And if i catch you comin' back my way
I'm gonna serve it to you
And that ain't what you want to hear
But that's what I'll do
-- "Seven Nation Army", The White Stripes

So what you're telling me is that LTV's fudge factor means more than it's independent variable?
Yes...
Blue Boy from Red Country
Political Analyst

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 18:24:06 EDT »

Forced quarantine, I like it!

lol

I never understood the resistance against vaccination. A vaccine is usually just exposure to a weaken virus so your body can develop immunity. How is that morally objectional or too "high tech"? ::shrug::
Medivh
Pundit

Power-mad elf

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 19:11:50 EDT »

But the mercury will harm the children! Think of the children!

Wait, that got eliminated back in 2001... Um...

The aluminium! The viruses! They harm the children! Think of the children!

On a more realistic note, it seems to be that people can't admit that someone who's spent six or more years studying medicine knows more about how the human body works than they do. It's essentially the arrogance of ignorance, writ large.

And if i catch you comin' back my way
I'm gonna serve it to you
And that ain't what you want to hear
But that's what I'll do
-- "Seven Nation Army", The White Stripes

So what you're telling me is that LTV's fudge factor means more than it's independent variable?
Yes...
Heq
Trouble
Pundit

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 18:45:05 EDT »

One of the fears is that it's a plan to make the men sterile so westerners can conquer the world.

"No common man could believe such a thing, you'd have to be an intellectual to fall for anything as stupid as that."-Orwell
Blue Boy from Red Country
Political Analyst

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 22:36:28 EDT »

One of the fears is that it's a plan to make the men sterile so westerners can conquer the world.

Because Western society is clearly controlled by man hating feminists. >.>
Heq
Trouble
Pundit

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 16:12:15 EDT »

After all, we no longer consider it appropriate to hospitalize your girlfriend when she talks back.

*shakes his head*

I remember this saying in an anthro book on the Yamamomo (sp?  The Fierce People) that this scarred woman looked at the interviewer and told her that the interviewer's husband must not love her very much because she didn't have a single scar from beatings.

"No common man could believe such a thing, you'd have to be an intellectual to fall for anything as stupid as that."-Orwell
Current
Pundit

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 05:13:48 EDT »

Isn't that a bridge that has already been crossed?
Heq
Trouble
Pundit

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 14:57:14 EDT »

No!  The white-man has not conquered the lands of -insert insane tribal leader here-!

For great glory we must run our economies into the ground (oh Bobby Mugabe, I kid, I love your inflationary schemes, and so does the American government apparently)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: