Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Bye Bye Beagle
I Read This
July 17, 2018, 07:28:31 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New here? Read our voting instructions and rules

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Bye Bye Beagle  (Read 15088 times)
purplecat
Mad Scientist
Campaign Management Staff
Pundit

« on: January 09, 2009, 14:55:17 EST »

http://www.idrewthis.org/2009/01/final-curtain.html

No more beagle blogs.

Ah well, all things must pass. You've been a good commentator for this little community.

Purplecat: Keeper of the political compass thread. Want to be on the graph? post your results here

Me: (No, seriously, this entire forum has the attention span of an..... oooh! shiny!)
Marsillio
Political Analyst

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 04:23:03 EST »

The nightmare of the Bush years? Over?

HA!

It's not over. Every level of government will still be infested with regressive flunkies when Obama takes office. Flunkies who will do everything they can to drag down, delay, and otherwise fuck-up any progressive agenda Obama might try to initiate. He's going to spend the next four years just trying to keep our republic from slipping into a depression. He'll be lucky to accomplish anything; maybe he'll be able to if he's fortunate enough to be re-elected.

Yes, IF he's re-elected. The american public is a deeply stupid and forgetful creature. When the regressives regain power (my money's on 2016), they'll doubtlessly commit even worse crimes against humanity because they know they can get away with it. They'll know this because Bush&Co. will have walked away scot free. Sure, maybe a toadie here or there will be convicted of some relitively minor crime, but that's hardly a deterent to regressives since they have a seemingly unlimited number of toadies who'll throw themselves under the bus.

And this isn't even getting into god only knows how many timebombs they've inadvertantly planted in the middle-east.

We're fucked.

Panda: Well, thinking about stress, I think it'd be at the highest right about then.
Marsillio: Yep.
Marsillio: Getting his ass handed to him.
Marsillio: He gets all pissy when he starts being questioned.
Marsillio: Even losing his temper would be great.
Marsillio: Doing so on live national television would be impossible even for our corporate media to cover up.
Panda: "It appears Obama slipped something into McCain's drink before the debate began..."
Marsillio: hahaha
Panda: Fox News Pundit: "...see, just look at his cup..."
*Master Hand has been skillfully photoshopped in, dropping some tablets into McCain's cup just before he drinks it*
Marsillio: XDDD
Marsillio: No no, Crazy Hand!
Marsillio: Because he's CARAAAAZEEEE!
Panda Bear: XD
Blue Boy from Red Country
Political Analyst

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 12:52:09 EST »

Take care of yourself Beagle. Best of luck to you.
Heq
Trouble
Pundit

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 17:06:41 EST »

Luck with your endevours in life Beagle.

Mars, 2012, as economically the dems are boned, and the real reason the dems won this election was by virtue of not being republicans, and at present it looks like they will spend more money in four years then bush jr. in 8, which is an impressive marker in and of itself.

"No common man could believe such a thing, you'd have to be an intellectual to fall for anything as stupid as that."-Orwell
wodan46
Pundit

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 18:19:07 EST »

Republicans make a mess, the Democrats clean it up, what else is new?

Which speaking of, I've heard claims that Bush has shoved all sorts of nasty executive orders/legislation over the last 2 months that could take a while to sort out, if at all.

The plural of "anecdote" is "anecdotes". Not "data".
Heq
Trouble
Pundit

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 21:29:39 EST »

No, it can't be sorted through for at least the next six months, as there is going to be too many people already playing "shades of grey" with the stimulous package to allow for flashlights.

"No common man could believe such a thing, you'd have to be an intellectual to fall for anything as stupid as that."-Orwell
marklungo
Political Commentator

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 13:28:29 EST »

First: Beagle, I'll miss you like everyone else. Best wishes, and good luck in your future endeavors.

Second:

We're fucked.

Okay, so now that we know we're fucked, what do we do about it? You do have some ideas along those lines, don't you. Marsillio?

"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 1024 character limit."
Current
Pundit

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 15:46:35 EST »

Goodbye Beagle.  You'll be missed by me as well, I thought your posts were generally more on the ball than the others.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 12:46:48 EST by Current » Logged
Medivh
Pundit

Power-mad elf

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 18:44:14 EST »

We're fucked.

Okay, so now that we know we're fucked, what do we do about it? You do have some ideas along those lines, don't you. Marsillio?

There are three answers and two of them are... unworkable at best.

1) Sack everyone, hire new people.
2) Sack lackeys as they show themselves, hope this serves as an example to the rest of them to just keep their heads down.
3) Bend over and take it. Blame Bush, into and past 2012.

And if i catch you comin' back my way
I'm gonna serve it to you
And that ain't what you want to hear
But that's what I'll do
-- "Seven Nation Army", The White Stripes

So what you're telling me is that LTV's fudge factor means more than it's independent variable?
Yes...
Heq
Trouble
Pundit

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 21:28:42 EST »

4.  Convince yourself everything will be fine now, and never ask why they asked you to wear something sexy with an easy open back.  Wonder at their small print which reads "No wrap-arounds will be offered with this presidency".

Current
Pundit

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 13:36:46 EST »

Quote from: Marsillio
We're fucked.
Because politicians are incompetent and dishonest?  And because bureaucrats are incompetent and dishonest?  And because there is a recession?

Nonsense.  How many times have countries being in this situation before?  In the long run this is nothing in particular to worry about.  It's just business as usual.  As Adam Smith said "There is a lot of ruin in a nation".
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 13:47:23 EST by Current » Logged
wodan46
Pundit

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 17:41:26 EST »

Nonsense.  How many times have countries being in this situation before?  In the long run this is nothing in particular to worry about.  It's just business as usual.  As Adam Smith said "There is a lot of ruin in a nation".
I agree with your perspective.  Doomsayers have said we are about to die very soon for a long time.  The world has a tendency to bounce back from such things fairly quickly.  From an economic standpoint, even countries that have undergone hyperinflation have eventually recovered.  However, that doesn't mean you personally, and possibly the majority of your generation, can't be screwed in the mean time.

Saying that America isn't screwed is less satisfying when you know that you and your generation is going to be used as a sponge to clean up the mess left by the preceding generation, during the time when we were supposed to come into the prime of our lives.

The solution is self explanatory.  Kill all the old people.  All of them.  Social Security costs?  Gone.  Healthcare costs?  Gone.  Conservatives wasting our resources in order to go back to "the good old days"?  Gone.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 17:45:55 EST by wodan46 » Logged

Bringerofpie
Pundit

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 18:27:10 EST »

I agree with your perspective.  Doomsayers have said we are about to die very soon for a long time.  The world has a tendency to bounce back from such things fairly quickly.  From an economic standpoint, even countries that have undergone hyperinflation have eventually recovered.  However, that doesn't mean you personally, and possibly the majority of your generation, can't be screwed in the mean time.

Saying that America isn't screwed is less satisfying when you know that you and your generation is going to be used as a sponge to clean up the mess left by the preceding generation, during the time when we were supposed to come into the prime of our lives.

The solution is self explanatory.  Kill all the old people.  All of them.  Social Security costs?  Gone.  Healthcare costs?  Gone.  Conservatives wasting our resources in order to go back to "the good old days"?  Gone.

Maybe your generation is screwed. I don't intend to be screwed.

Set a new standard
Defy the odds
Step up.

Economic Left/Right: -7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.21

Does anyone else get more liberal every time they take the political compass test?
wodan46
Pundit

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 20:29:31 EST »

Unlikely.  You are only 2 years younger than I am, you are in the same boat, and on the leakier end, even.  Our youthful vitality will be wasted on keeping old people alive so they can continue to enjoy their alzheimer's as long as possible.

Bringerofpie
Pundit

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 20:36:57 EST »

Unlikely.  You are only 2 years younger than I am, you are in the same boat, and on the leakier end, even.  Our youthful vitality will be wasted on keeping old people alive so they can continue to enjoy their alzheimer's as long as possible.

Like I said, I don't intend to be screwed. You're welcome to be screwed to your heart's content.

Set a new standard
Defy the odds
Step up.

Economic Left/Right: -7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.21

Does anyone else get more liberal every time they take the political compass test?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: