Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
The best political line I have read lately
I Read This
July 19, 2018, 22:45:56 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Lupinia Hosting Community, which hosts I Read This, is supported by donations!  Please contribute if you're able, click here for details.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The best political line I have read lately  (Read 2579 times)
Heq
Trouble
Pundit

« on: January 08, 2009, 03:41:58 EST »

I felt I needed to share this line, I don't know why it struck me as so funny...

"Burris stared him down for ~3 seconds until Reid folded, which he does all the time, because he’s a pussy." -Wonkette

followed by the response

"Harry Reid looks like he’s composed of oatmeal and Elmer’s Glue. What a hapless douch. A four year-old could outwit that loser."

This is shaping into a season of great retorts, anyone else read any nifty ones lately?

"No common man could believe such a thing, you'd have to be an intellectual to fall for anything as stupid as that."-Orwell
Current
Pundit

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 08:07:25 EST »

I've read some magnificent comments recently in the British press...

From Glasgow MP Ian Davidson referring to the Scottish government buying a painting: "It is difficult to argue that this is part of Britain's cultural heritage when it's a picture by a long dead Venetian - it's not as if it's Jock McTitian."  (I may agree with the sentiment but the phrasing is unfortunate).

Recently in a lecture to Yale University Tony Blair said "It is true that we had ten years of record growth when I was Prime Minister. I have, unfortunately, come to the conclusion that it was luck." (Of course it wasn't luck, but still).

Gordon Brown once promised to end boom and bust.  Recently he clarified this in an interview with the Daily Mail "I actually said, 'No more Tory boom and bust'."
rogue-kun
Dog of Lysdexics
Campaign Management Staff
Pundit

When I grow up I wanna be a kid

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 17:28:45 EST »

"People who move from New Zealand to Australia raise the average IQ of both countries" - Sir Robert Maldoon, them PM of New Zealand. You like bastard poltiaction he should be on your list.

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dew of the mountain that thoughts acquire speed; the hands acquire shakes; the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Economic Left/Right: -7.38 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.79
This message is encoded with ROT26. Decoding is punishable by law under the DMCA.
Rogue's Weyr Rogue's Rabblings
Medivh
Pundit

Power-mad elf

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 18:00:00 EST »

Aw... he's just sore because he lives in the city and there aren't any sheep around... Tongue

And if i catch you comin' back my way
I'm gonna serve it to you
And that ain't what you want to hear
But that's what I'll do
-- "Seven Nation Army", The White Stripes

So what you're telling me is that LTV's fudge factor means more than it's independent variable?
Yes...
rogue-kun
Dog of Lysdexics
Campaign Management Staff
Pundit

When I grow up I wanna be a kid

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 22:41:02 EST »

Aw... he's just sore because he lives in the city and there aren't any sheep around... Tongue

says the other major sheep country Wink Projecting? Wink 8P

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dew of the mountain that thoughts acquire speed; the hands acquire shakes; the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Economic Left/Right: -7.38 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.79
This message is encoded with ROT26. Decoding is punishable by law under the DMCA.
Rogue's Weyr Rogue's Rabblings
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: