Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New music video from the bunny
I Read This
September 26, 2018, 01:04:19 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New here? Read our voting instructions and rules

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New music video from the bunny  (Read 3601 times)
BunnyBoy
Your stressed out bunny
Pundit

Blessed are the cheese makers

« on: January 04, 2009, 19:56:42 EST »

Hi Hi all

I recently put together this video of scenes from Disney's Wall-E set to one of my favorite old songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIfRM4v3Elc

I think I did a pretty good job on the cuts and timing myself
What do you folks think?

Edit: I got hit with a copyright violation for the music I used in the vid.  I disputed it under fair use doctrine but I'm not sure how long it'll stay up

Would any one here know i this sort of thing would qualify as fair use?
thomasdean
Talking Head

On Sabbatical in Italy!!

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 20:38:54 EST »

IANAL, not legal advice (insert other standard disclaimers)...

It is a very nice video adaptation. But I believe you are going to lose any defense based on a fair use argument. Since you said the notice was for the music, I'll address that. But, be warned, Pixar/Disney is going to come after you as well (and with more money).

It doesn't seem to fit any of the fair use areas. None of the standard areas of fair use apply (criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research). None of the incidental use cases seem to apply either (such as the baby dancing to prince). You deliberately use the entire song, not just a portion of it.

The last hole that I know of is parody. But to be a parody, it would have to be a parody of both the the music and the movie clips (since both are copyrighted works). For the music, you would have to be somehow poking fun at either the lyrics or the singer. If that was your intent, it is a bit subtle for me.

Economic Left/Right: -7.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.85
Erdos Number: 4
Quote from: JKR
Ce sont nos choix qui montrent ce que nous sommes vraiment,
beaucoup plus que nos aptitudes.
thomasdean
Talking Head

On Sabbatical in Italy!!

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 21:27:48 EST »

Since you are a fan of that particular singer, I thought I would share http://www.dcs.kcl.ac.uk/staff/mark/scam2006/slides/session7/slides/706.html with you.

Warning: it is a bit geeky, It is a set of verses composed at the social dinner at a jazz club during a conference on source code analysis and manipulation.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 21:29:34 EST by thomasdean » Logged

Economic Left/Right: -7.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.85
Erdos Number: 4
Quote from: JKR
Ce sont nos choix qui montrent ce que nous sommes vraiment,
beaucoup plus que nos aptitudes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: