Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Shoes away!
I Read This
September 23, 2018, 22:01:11 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Lupinia Hosting Community, which hosts I Read This, is supported by donations!  Please contribute if you're able, click here for details.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shoes away!  (Read 2482 times)
Manufacturing Dissent
Survivor of a year in France
Campaign Management Staff
Pundit

« on: December 14, 2008, 18:20:30 EST »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6KvvgCtbOg

At a press conference in Baghdad, an Iraqi journalist threw his shoes at President Bush.  The guy dodges a shoe with some skill, I might add.  In the rush to subdue the assailant, Press Secretary Dana Perino was injured by taking a microphone to the eye.

For a bit of cultural reference, in Arabic tradition throwing your shoes at someone is a grave insult.

"If it had not been for the discontent of a few fellows who had not been satisfied with their conditions, you would still be living in caves. Intelligent discontent is the mainspring of civilization.

Progress is born of agitation. It is agitation or stagnation."
     -Eugene Debs (1855- 1926)
FireyTiger
Campaign Directors
Talking Head

Keith Olbermann's Stalker, apparently...

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 20:06:40 EST »

Too bad they missed. He could use a good boot to the head.

Quote from: azdb7
I'm sorry, you still seem to think your opinion is relevant.  Please re-examine the earlier posts and try again.
Heq
Trouble
Pundit

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 01:32:49 EST »

I suspect he's dodged things thrown at him before.

I'm actually kind of impressed with his reaction (not just his reaction time), and I hope he moves to pardon the guy.

"No common man could believe such a thing, you'd have to be an intellectual to fall for anything as stupid as that."-Orwell
rogue-kun
Dog of Lysdexics
Campaign Management Staff
Pundit

When I grow up I wanna be a kid

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 22:19:50 EST »

Too bad they missed. He could use a good boot to the head.

nah the Secrete service would never let a master of Ti Kwan Leep any where near him

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dew of the mountain that thoughts acquire speed; the hands acquire shakes; the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Economic Left/Right: -7.38 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.79
This message is encoded with ROT26. Decoding is punishable by law under the DMCA.
Rogue's Weyr Rogue's Rabblings
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: