Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Ann Coulter, muzzled?
I Read This
May 24, 2018, 13:22:38 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have any issues at all, visit our support site.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Ann Coulter, muzzled?  (Read 5525 times)
Aeron
Political Commentator

What?

« on: November 29, 2008, 19:53:28 EST »

This is too hilarious to be true, but rumor has it that Ann Coulter broke her jaw and has had it wired shut. How it possibly happened or more interesting, WHO possibly did it, remains a possible mystery.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag/2008/11/oh-dear-page-si.html

A most excellent rumor.
PyRoFoXiE
Insane, and loving it!
Political Commentator

Dance! Dance!

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 20:47:08 EST »

Let's hope it's true. The very sound of her voice makes me skull want to implode.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face— forever."

-O'Brien,
Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell

"Shut up! Some of us prefer delusion to despair!"

-Nelson Muntz,
The Simpsons
Heq
Trouble
Pundit

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 23:56:02 EST »

If it was Obama I will take back every bad thing I have ever thought about him and built a little shrine to him on my bookshelf.

My dearest hope is it was Al Gore, who bear-pawed her with a savage backhand, before preforming a crotch-chop.

"No common man could believe such a thing, you'd have to be an intellectual to fall for anything as stupid as that."-Orwell
joshbrenton
Active Libertarian
Political Analyst

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 11:07:42 EST »

This is perfect. Now all we need is someone to shut the mouths of Rush Limbaugh, Michael Moore, Keith Olbermann, Howard Dean, Sarah Palin, and all the other empty-headed left wing and right wing windbags, and the country has a better chance of entering a new utopian era.
FireyTiger
Campaign Directors
Talking Head

Keith Olbermann's Stalker, apparently...

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 15:15:37 EST »

Yeah, you're right! I really dislike empty headed third party people, let's go wire their mouths shut too! Then, everyone that has ever been disliked by somebody else will have their jaws wired shut and we'll all be happy.

Quote from: azdb7
I'm sorry, you still seem to think your opinion is relevant.  Please re-examine the earlier posts and try again.
Manufacturing Dissent
Survivor of a year in France
Campaign Management Staff
Pundit

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 15:18:26 EST »

Sadly, I doubt this will stop her from spewing craziness.  She does have a column on "Human Events" where she shares her thoughts too insane for even the televised corporate media.

"If it had not been for the discontent of a few fellows who had not been satisfied with their conditions, you would still be living in caves. Intelligent discontent is the mainspring of civilization.

Progress is born of agitation. It is agitation or stagnation."
     -Eugene Debs (1855- 1926)
Heq
Trouble
Pundit

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 16:10:03 EST »

Ah, and Fireytiger starts down the path to Heqness.

Now you understand, the power of the jaw punching, and the great world it can create.

"No common man could believe such a thing, you'd have to be an intellectual to fall for anything as stupid as that."-Orwell
Archae
Political Analyst

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 09:16:34 EST »

Considering the main "source" on this story is Page Six in the NY Post, I have serious doubts.

Most likely, if Ann Coulter broke anything, it was a fingernail.
Octan
Political Commentator

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 14:27:57 EST »

This is perfect. Now all we need is someone to shut the mouths of Rush Limbaugh, Michael Moore, Keith Olbermann, Howard Dean, Sarah Palin, and all the other empty-headed left wing and right wing windbags, and the country has a better chance of entering a new utopian era.

Yeah, you're right! I really dislike empty headed third party people, let's go wire their mouths shut too! Then, everyone that has ever been disliked by somebody else will have their jaws wired shut and we'll all be happy.

Reducto ad absurdium of a whole thread in two posts!  You two both deserve gold stars.

"If the Nuremberg laws were applied, then every post-war American president would have been hanged." - Noam Chomsky

"The truth is that Bush just likes to blow things up." -- Rep. Pete Stark

"Talk show hosts, political candidates, news programs, special interest groups…they all become successful by reducing debates to the level of shouted rage.  Nothing gets solved, but we’re all entertained." -- Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes
Heq
Trouble
Pundit

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 18:17:08 EST »

Only if you consider america drowning in violence absurd.

Eon
The Cute and Fuzzy Author of Eon's Comic
Talking Head

I like vixens!

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 18:31:03 EST »

Ann Coulter is a moron and the she-devil of the right-wing. She spouts off nothing but psychotic fascist nonsense at every opportunity, writing books based on ludicrous strawman caricatures of the left so she can look good beating them up. In some ways, she might be worse than Rush Limbaugh; at least we've not yet caught him saying "we should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity", though I imagine he probably thinks it, what with being the hardcore conservative butthead that he is. Both of these morons, among others are very well-known and disturbingly popular political pundits.

But Obama still won the White House. The Democrats still won Congress. The left (such as it is in the United States) still triumphed. What does that tell you? Could it be that these lunatics don't actually have as much influence as we on the left worry they do?

I'll admit, I find it amusing that such a contemptible bitch got her jaw broken, because I'm not enlightened enough to feel sorry for idiots like her. I was also amused by Jerry Falwell's death and I look forward to the deaths of Pat Robertson, Rush Limbaugh, George W. Bush, Margaret Thatcher, Tony Blair, and Robert Kilroy Silk.

However, I do not believe that anyone, regardless of how evil they may be, should be silenced. If their opinions are so utterly wrong, so utterly misguided and deluded, then we should be able to show this to everyone else at the debating table. No, I'll admit that it isn't always as simple as that. As some evolutionary biologists have said, a clever creationist can do more damage in five minutes than a truly genius scientist can undo in five hours, which is why some refuse to even debate creationists (well, that and the fact that debating them gives them credibility they don't deserve, a point that I wholeheartedly agree with). The creationist is wrong, of course, but he knows how to take advantage of the layman's scientific ignorance and how to appeal to their religious convictions. But that's not an argument to silence the creationist, it's an argument for better science education. In a scientifically literate society, the creationist would be laughed off the stage like the ignorant moron he is.

In a free society (and I believe in a free society), all people should be free to express their opinions, no matter how retarded they may be. I find it ironic that joshbrenton (who also claims to believe in a free society) has had the audacity to say that pretty much anyone except the libertarians should be silenced along with Ann Coulter.

Joshbrenton. You, sir, are a fucking hypocrite. But I'm not going to say that you should be silenced for it.

Heq
Trouble
Pundit

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 19:48:02 EST »

The left has not triumphed, triumphs represent a significant and lasting victory.  The 1978 victory was shallow and under similar conditions.  Triumph almost certainly requires a 12 year run, at the very least 8.

It would be more correct to say the left was still standing after the other shoe dropped.  America is still an imperialist nation, and its economy is still fucked.

I'm not even comfertable with calling the democratic party left wing.  They are right of most right wing parties in the first world, after all.  The still believe in spying on thier own people, brutal police actions, and are quick to military force.

wodan46
Pundit

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2008, 19:55:33 EST »

I'm not even comfertable with calling the democratic party left wing.  They are right of most right wing parties in the first world, after all.  The still believe in spying on thier own people, brutal police actions, and are quick to military force.
Actually, first off, pretty much every European country has a whackjob reactionary neo-nazi political party.

Second, the democratic party politicians were not quick to support the Iraq War, quickly grew to oppose it, and always opposed and spying and brutal police action.

Third, they still got Kucinich.

Also, Euronat is the most awesome group ever.  Its an international coalition of European nationalist parties.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 19:58:48 EST by wodan46 » Logged

The plural of "anecdote" is "anecdotes". Not "data".
Heq
Trouble
Pundit

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2008, 20:06:38 EST »

I should have mentioned I meant mainstream parties who have a prayer of getting elected.  The BNP is not about to win anywhere, much as the Libertarians are not a real party in America.

Obama is pro-FISA, which I consider to be the one of the longest standing abuses of power around.  I'll believe he's against spying when he gets rid of the warrants-system and the trail of redefinition left by Bush, but he has never said he has any intention of doing so, or setting aside those government powers.

He wants to get involved in Darfur, which I am pretty sure is militarism (or imperialism, take your pick, they kind bleed over), and seems comitted to continuing the "War on Terror" announcing he would strike Al-Qaida within a sovereign nation's borders.

There are more wars then the Iraq war, many people who opposed it did so on imperial grounds, not anti-militarism grounds. I think Kerry voiced the party position quite succinctly in 2004.  It isn't blowing the hell out of other countries that matters, it is that the reasons were wrong.  Kucinich's arguments were seen as madness, that a country should not have the military option "on the table" during negotiations.  As a side note, Obama has stated he will keep the military option "on the table" during negotiations with Iran.

Kucinich is awesome though, but that's like saying the republicans have Ron Paul.

joshbrenton
Active Libertarian
Political Analyst

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2008, 23:46:30 EST »

Ann Coulter is a moron and the she-devil of the right-wing. She spouts off nothing but psychotic fascist nonsense at every opportunity, writing books based on ludicrous strawman caricatures of the left so she can look good beating them up. In some ways, she might be worse than Rush Limbaugh; at least we've not yet caught him saying "we should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity", though I imagine he probably thinks it, what with being the hardcore conservative butthead that he is. Both of these morons, among others are very well-known and disturbingly popular political pundits.

But Obama still won the White House. The Democrats still won Congress. The left (such as it is in the United States) still triumphed. What does that tell you? Could it be that these lunatics don't actually have as much influence as we on the left worry they do?

I'll admit, I find it amusing that such a contemptible bitch got her jaw broken, because I'm not enlightened enough to feel sorry for idiots like her. I was also amused by Jerry Falwell's death and I look forward to the deaths of Pat Robertson, Rush Limbaugh, George W. Bush, Margaret Thatcher, Tony Blair, and Robert Kilroy Silk.

However, I do not believe that anyone, regardless of how evil they may be, should be silenced. If their opinions are so utterly wrong, so utterly misguided and deluded, then we should be able to show this to everyone else at the debating table. No, I'll admit that it isn't always as simple as that. As some evolutionary biologists have said, a clever creationist can do more damage in five minutes than a truly genius scientist can undo in five hours, which is why some refuse to even debate creationists (well, that and the fact that debating them gives them credibility they don't deserve, a point that I wholeheartedly agree with). The creationist is wrong, of course, but he knows how to take advantage of the layman's scientific ignorance and how to appeal to their religious convictions. But that's not an argument to silence the creationist, it's an argument for better science education. In a scientifically literate society, the creationist would be laughed off the stage like the ignorant moron he is.

In a free society (and I believe in a free society), all people should be free to express their opinions, no matter how retarded they may be. I find it ironic that joshbrenton (who also claims to believe in a free society) has had the audacity to say that pretty much anyone except the libertarians should be silenced along with Ann Coulter.

Joshbrenton. You, sir, are a fucking hypocrite. But I'm not going to say that you should be silenced for it.

Eon, I was not saying that they should forcibly be silenced. That was hyperbole. The people I mentioned are just a bunch of loudmouth blowhards and I really think they should exercise some common judgement before they speak or shut their fat pieholes.

Go ahead and call me a hypocrite for voicing my opinions. But you, my friend, are a vile, hateful person. Calling people with differing political philosophies "evil", and saying you'll cheer for the deaths of people you dislike for political reasons is disgusting.

You can say what you want, but I'll call you up on it if you act like a dick.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: