Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
An "I live in a bubble" moment
I Read This
August 16, 2018, 13:31:38 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Lupinia Hosting Community, which hosts I Read This, is supported by donations!  Please contribute if you're able, click here for details.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: An "I live in a bubble" moment  (Read 7326 times)
Current
Pundit

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2008, 11:38:20 EST »

I'm sorry, but when a group attacks civilians, women and children who aren't active in the military, then I really think you need to come down hard on that group. Because it's clear that they are inhuman and have no regard for the lives of innocents.
Well, does anyone actually know who they are or who their accomplices are?  This is the problem with most of these sorts of actions.  Information is needed to base action on.

Quote from: Heq
After all, many of them still proport to enjoy tea-time, a clear sign of tacit agreement with the existance of empires.
Tea time is very enjoyable, don't you enjoy it?  Surely you like Gin and Tonic?  I love it.
Heq
Trouble
Pundit

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2008, 16:21:39 EST »

*is drinking tea at present*

Tea-time is a clear mark of love for the enemy, and those who drink tea or gin should be incarcerated!

Gin may be excellent, but tonic is repugnant to all goodly men, and gin shall henceforth only be permitted in the form of a Singapore Sling, but preferance and respect should be given to those who consume tequila, especially tequila sunrises.

My god, they are so awesome.  It makes me think blissfully of Christmas, a day when I can watch the tele and drink Tequila sunrises unjudged by all.

"No common man could believe such a thing, you'd have to be an intellectual to fall for anything as stupid as that."-Orwell
Bringerofpie
Pundit

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2008, 18:53:16 EST »

*is drinking tea at present*

Tea-time is a clear mark of love for the enemy, and those who drink tea or gin should be incarcerated!

Gin may be excellent, but tonic is repugnant to all goodly men, and gin shall henceforth only be permitted in the form of a Singapore Sling, but preferance and respect should be given to those who consume tequila, especially tequila sunrises.

My god, they are so awesome.  It makes me think blissfully of Christmas, a day when I can watch the tele and drink Tequila sunrises unjudged by all.

The only people I know who really drink tequila are teenage, Jewish girls.

Set a new standard
Defy the odds
Step up.

Economic Left/Right: -7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.21

Does anyone else get more liberal every time they take the political compass test?
Medivh
Pundit

Power-mad elf

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2008, 19:27:37 EST »

Real men drink the Sheridan Hotel version of the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. Eight clear spirits, cream and a touch of raspberry syrup. Awesome.

And if i catch you comin' back my way
I'm gonna serve it to you
And that ain't what you want to hear
But that's what I'll do
-- "Seven Nation Army", The White Stripes

So what you're telling me is that LTV's fudge factor means more than it's independent variable?
Yes...
Current
Pundit

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2008, 06:56:31 EST »

Quote from: Heq
Gin may be excellent, but tonic is repugnant to all goodly men, and gin shall henceforth only be permitted in the form of a Singapore Sling
Singapore Sling?  Now we're getting into properly imperialist drinks, have you ever being to the Raffles Hotel?

If you don't approve of mixers with your Gin you might like this.

Quote from: Bringerofpie
The only people I know who really drink tequila are teenage, Jewish girls.
I find that it's generally drunk by teenagers too.  Normally after happy hour at a pub that doesn't check ID.  It should be reserved for making diamonds.

Real men drink the Sheridan Hotel version of the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. Eight clear spirits, cream and a touch of raspberry syrup. Awesome.
I don't like the sound of that.
Heq
Trouble
Pundit

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2008, 10:44:09 EST »

Bad tequila is drunk by teenagers, good tequila is like good whiskey, a preferred beverage for educated drunkards looking to levy serious destruction on themselves.

"No common man could believe such a thing, you'd have to be an intellectual to fall for anything as stupid as that."-Orwell
Current
Pundit

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2008, 11:07:12 EST »

Bad tequila is drunk by teenagers, good tequila is like good whiskey, a preferred beverage for educated drunkards looking to levy serious destruction on themselves.
I've heard that.  Unfortunately they don't sell good vintages of Tequila in Europe.
Heq
Trouble
Pundit

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 12:00:24 EST »

I get mine in Mexico when I can, they have one called Aha!  Toro! which I like to loosely translate to "Oh Fuck!  Bull!" with a magnetic top, so no screwing or being fancy with corks and such.  It feels like it was made for drunkards.  Last time I busted some out at a party I actually had some yoofs in attendance (19-20) who insisted on trying some.

It's quite funny when they realize that salt and lemon or lime will not save them from lead poisoning.  Kind of like when Vodka drinkers first try Russian Standard or a good polish potato(e) vodka they are left in shambles, sometimes for days.

Blue Boy from Red Country
Political Analyst

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2009, 19:26:06 EDT »

Funny, i think in much the same way Heq does except that its the americans im interested in. This is funny because a lot of you are going to be very upset over it and call me all sorts of bad things, and yet investments from cynical outsiders is one of the things that will help fix your economy.

lol, don't you know that we liberals hate America? Tongue

Seriously, though, I doubt many people who live in the United States and visit this forum are going to be especially upset about some criticism of America. I could be wrong, of course, but its been my impression that pride in one's nation / culture tends to go hand-in-hand with a more conservative outlook.
Bringerofpie
Pundit

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2009, 20:10:51 EDT »

Funny, i think in much the same way Heq does except that its the americans im interested in. This is funny because a lot of you are going to be very upset over it and call me all sorts of bad things, and yet investments from cynical outsiders is one of the things that will help fix your economy.

lol, don't you know that we liberals hate America? Tongue

Seriously, though, I doubt many people who live in the United States and visit this forum are going to be especially upset about some criticism of America. I could be wrong, of course, but its been my impression that pride in one's nation / culture tends to go hand-in-hand with a more conservative outlook.

You can have pride and still accept criticism.

Set a new standard
Defy the odds
Step up.

Economic Left/Right: -7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.21

Does anyone else get more liberal every time they take the political compass test?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: