Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
How I came here!
I Read This
July 20, 2018, 15:52:31 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Lupinia Hosting Community, which hosts I Read This, is supported by donations!  Please contribute if you're able, click here for details.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How I came here!  (Read 5276 times)
Liberal Beetle
New Political Commentator

« on: November 24, 2008, 22:57:46 EST »

Hello, guys! My name is Tyler. I am a 16-year old high school student living on Long Island aspiring to become a proponent of the Progressive movement that DCS has inspired me to join rather than simply going along with the Democratic Party, which I have been clinging to my whole young life. Well, I first came across DCS's works when I was 14 years old. I had just appeared in Newsday as a voice against the bullying I had been receiving up to that point in my time in school. A few months after the article, I was Googling myself and I came across a woman who was comparing my situation with a series of Ozy and Millie strips from March and May 1999 dealing with Ozy's bullying problems with Jeremy. I was so intrigued by the strips that I sent them to nearly everybody I know and have since become a close follower of the strip. However, it was only recently that I discovered "I Drew This," which is the one of DCS's works that REALLY speak to me and my beliefs. So, this is why I'm on here! ^^

BTW, here is the article if anybody wishes to take a look at it. Keep in mind, the picture is misleading given the fact that it was nearly 2 years ago. lol ^^:

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-libull0204,0,1452317.story
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 23:00:31 EST by Liberal Beetle » Logged
rogue-kun
Dog of Lysdexics
Campaign Management Staff
Pundit

When I grow up I wanna be a kid

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 23:43:31 EST »

Welcome to the forums Cool

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dew of the mountain that thoughts acquire speed; the hands acquire shakes; the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Economic Left/Right: -7.38 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.79
This message is encoded with ROT26. Decoding is punishable by law under the DMCA.
Rogue's Weyr Rogue's Rabblings
Current
Pundit

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 07:38:05 EST »

Welcome
Manufacturing Dissent
Survivor of a year in France
Pundit

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 12:22:50 EST »

Welcome to the forum!

"If it had not been for the discontent of a few fellows who had not been satisfied with their conditions, you would still be living in caves. Intelligent discontent is the mainspring of civilization.

Progress is born of agitation. It is agitation or stagnation."
     -Eugene Debs (1855- 1926)
purplecat
Mad Scientist
Pundit

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 14:49:40 EST »

Well, welcome.

Nice to have you here, we wish you'd got here sooner.

Purplecat: Keeper of the political compass thread. Want to be on the graph? post your results here

Me: (No, seriously, this entire forum has the attention span of an..... oooh! shiny!)
Heq
Trouble
Pundit

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 16:20:35 EST »

Hoi-hoi

"No common man could believe such a thing, you'd have to be an intellectual to fall for anything as stupid as that."-Orwell
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: