Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Focus on the Family to lay off 20% of their workforce
I Read This
May 26, 2018, 07:36:35 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Lupinia Hosting Community, which hosts I Read This, is supported by donations!  Please contribute if you're able, click here for details.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Focus on the Family to lay off 20% of their workforce  (Read 2250 times)
Manufacturing Dissent
Survivor of a year in France
Campaign Management Staff
Pundit

« on: November 20, 2008, 16:15:09 EST »

http://coloradoindependent.com/15287/after-pumping-money-into-prop-8-focus-on-the-family-announcing-layoffs

James Dobson's Focus on the Family seems to have spent so much money preventing same-sex marriages in order to demonstrate family values or whatever that they now have to lay off 202 of its employees, leaving who knows how many families needing a new source of income.

"If it had not been for the discontent of a few fellows who had not been satisfied with their conditions, you would still be living in caves. Intelligent discontent is the mainspring of civilization.

Progress is born of agitation. It is agitation or stagnation."
     -Eugene Debs (1855- 1926)
Aeron
Political Commentator

What?

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 16:25:59 EST »

A small consolation, knowing what they helped to successfully accomplish on the fourth. (8, 2, and 102.)

Edit:

[/cynicalAeron]

Though, the fact that this is continuing a trend of FotF shedding members every year or two is heartening.

*holds breath, waiting for SCoCA to render all their Prop 8 spendings in CA a complete waste*
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 18:41:31 EST by Aeron » Logged
purplecat
Mad Scientist
Campaign Management Staff
Pundit

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 19:30:40 EST »

Perhaps this will give the people concerned some time to focus on their own families for a change.

Purplecat: Keeper of the political compass thread. Want to be on the graph? post your results here

Me: (No, seriously, this entire forum has the attention span of an..... oooh! shiny!)
Medivh
Pundit

Power-mad elf

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 00:23:13 EST »

The name "Focus on the Family" makes a whole lot more sense if you call it "Focus on the Patriarchal Family". In fact, in the name of any organisation, if you put "patriarchal" in front of "family", it starts to make more sense.

This insight lovingly stolen wholesale from PZ Myers.

And if i catch you comin' back my way
I'm gonna serve it to you
And that ain't what you want to hear
But that's what I'll do
-- "Seven Nation Army", The White Stripes

So what you're telling me is that LTV's fudge factor means more than it's independent variable?
Yes...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: