Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Doing my Civic Duty
I Read This
May 27, 2018, 05:26:41 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New here? Read our voting instructions and rules

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Doing my Civic Duty  (Read 2743 times)
Chris Stalis
Political Commentator

« on: October 27, 2008, 06:15:34 EDT »

Sorry, but everything has the political theme here, and I couldn't resist the equivocation ^_^  I am Chris, a most likely unknown lurker of IDT and Ozy & Milley.  Only place someone might know me from is The Wotch community boards, and even that is iffy given my seasonal absences from that board.

I'm joining up now because I've finally found someone in real life who I can hold a rational discussion on philosophy, politics, religion and morality (all different sides of the same coin in my book), and I'm now currently looking for some blue tinted ammo to slam into his red-hued armour.  As I have been taking cues from Bird Brains, I figured getting to know the community a bit better might be fun too Smiley  So... yar!  What's up?

Oh, and in terms of political opinions, I tend to fall along the lines of social liberal, economic conservative.  My stance is that government is most useful when it provides to the populace that which they deem they require by their own cultural mores.  Any more then this is excessive, wasteful interference that detracts from the power of social traditions.  Ergo, provide everyone with the minimum of what they need to "be American", and allow that to be the extent of the government... in the perfect world.  In the real world, government would do better to err on the side of bigger rather then smaller.

Cheers all.  Here's to hoping this'll be fun Smiley
Heq
Trouble
Pundit

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 11:50:52 EDT »

Holla.

Enjoy the time here.

"No common man could believe such a thing, you'd have to be an intellectual to fall for anything as stupid as that."-Orwell
FireyTiger
Campaign Directors
Talking Head

Keith Olbermann's Stalker, apparently...

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 14:52:58 EDT »

Hi! welcome to the forums, please make sure to read the rules if you haven't already. we're all pretty passionate about our politics, so just hop right in anywhere you want to contribute! I promise we don't bite (hard) Tongue
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 14:54:59 EDT by FireyTiger » Logged

Quote from: azdb7
I'm sorry, you still seem to think your opinion is relevant.  Please re-examine the earlier posts and try again.
rogue-kun
Dog of Lysdexics
Campaign Management Staff
Pundit

When I grow up I wanna be a kid

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 19:13:44 EDT »

Welcome Cool new views always welcome Cool

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dew of the mountain that thoughts acquire speed; the hands acquire shakes; the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Economic Left/Right: -7.38 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.79
This message is encoded with ROT26. Decoding is punishable by law under the DMCA.
Rogue's Weyr Rogue's Rabblings
Current
Pundit

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 07:27:03 EDT »

Welcome
Manufacturing Dissent
Survivor of a year in France
Campaign Management Staff
Pundit

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 17:05:04 EDT »

Welcome to the forum!

"If it had not been for the discontent of a few fellows who had not been satisfied with their conditions, you would still be living in caves. Intelligent discontent is the mainspring of civilization.

Progress is born of agitation. It is agitation or stagnation."
     -Eugene Debs (1855- 1926)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: