Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Cartoon Network Chickened out
I Read This
October 17, 2018, 09:38:49 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New here? Read our voting instructions and rules

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cartoon Network Chickened out  (Read 1752 times)
BunnyBoy
Your stressed out bunny
Pundit

Blessed are the cheese makers

« on: October 24, 2008, 00:06:34 EDT »

I know every one has alot more heavy topics on there mind what with the election just 12 days away but I thought I'd post a little insignificant rant on something else

well since its halloween CN decided to air the halloween special from a show they haven't premeried yet.

The show is called 6Teen it's aparently about a group of teen stereotypes who have nothing better to do then hang out in there massive mall. The halloween ep was called "Dude of the dead" and followed a zombie outbreak in said mall.

the show was rather bad in and of itself. I really should have watched saw 2 again instead. but one scene in the show realy annoyed me.

In one scene one of the male chars was bragging about how he'd gotten a job in "nearly naked" the lingerie shop and how there was a peep hole in the dressing rooms. When he was asked why he's the only guy who worked there since it would seem every teen would be queuing up for a job there he replied.

"Every guy in the mall has applied but they usualy don't hire guys."
"Then how did you get a job."
"Oh I told them I was gay"

but cartoon network wussed out and edited the word gay out... and they did it badly they changed it to "Famous" Which doesn;t make sense. They did it again later on. When a zombie was attacking the guy who was looking through the peep hole, two of the other male chars ran in only to be stopped by a femal clerk.

"You can't go in there"
"No it's okay we're "Famous"."
The guy turns to his buddy
"I'll explain later"

Come on thats just cowardice, I mean it's an animated series aimed at older viewers and on rather late at night. In anouther show from the same people that CN has aired "total drama island" they have allowed both male and female nudity, blurred of course, but the word gay is to harsh? jeeze man grow a freaking spine
rogue-kun
Dog of Lysdexics
Campaign Management Staff
Pundit

When I grow up I wanna be a kid

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 00:10:06 EDT »

Are you talking about CN or [Adult Swim] (yes i know same channel, but [AS] is given way more ley way in what they show than the rest of CN

P.S.: Welcome back you been missed
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 00:12:00 EDT by rogue-kun » Logged

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dew of the mountain that thoughts acquire speed; the hands acquire shakes; the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Economic Left/Right: -7.38 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.79
This message is encoded with ROT26. Decoding is punishable by law under the DMCA.
Rogue's Weyr Rogue's Rabblings
BunnyBoy
Your stressed out bunny
Pundit

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 00:25:59 EDT »

I ment Cartoon Network

I know how much leway AS is given  but bother shows I mentioned take place before the Cn / AS turn over

well it's too soon for the cartoon network footage to be up but I did find the originals with the word left in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rso_xB_RCQE
the scene is at 8.55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjowuzSSFY4
the scene takes place at 1.41

Thanks Rogue My computer died and I'm just happy to be back
joshbrenton
Active Libertarian
Political Analyst

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 00:45:26 EDT »

Cartoon Network does edits like this all the time to avoid "offending" anyone. They did it with the premiere episode of Total Drama Island. In the original, when the campers are told that they have to use a communal bathroom, the ditz Lindsay says "Communal? But I'm not Catholic." And is then told that she's thinking of communion. When they aired it here, they had to change it to "I'm confused." Not to mention all the times they cut out the word "crap". And the beef testicles from the Fear-Factor eating challenge... yeah, CN chickens out a lot.

It's worse when they have to redo anime for a more youthful audience. The ways they try to censor out cigarettes, guns, religious symbols and the like is ludicrous at times.
rogue-kun
Dog of Lysdexics
Pundit

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 01:27:14 EDT »

It's worse when they have to redo anime for a more youthful audience. The ways they try to censor out cigarettes, guns, religious symbols and the like is ludicrous at times.

that's not CN, that's 4Kids that does that.

BunnyBoy I agree that it's annoying to me (as my own believes what suitable for children is closer to japan's than the US's)  but the main reason why I had to asked is, it would be a bigger deal if [AS] did it than if CN does it

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dew of the mountain that thoughts acquire speed; the hands acquire shakes; the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
This message is encoded with ROT26. Decoding is punishable by law under the DMCA.
Heq
Trouble
Pundit

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 10:14:03 EDT »

Hey, they still have the best show on TV, Minoriteam.

In order to avoid offending anyone with that, it would just have to be a blank screen.

(The actual best show on TV is probably Dexter or Bones)

"No common man could believe such a thing, you'd have to be an intellectual to fall for anything as stupid as that."-Orwell
BunnyBoy
Your stressed out bunny
Pundit

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 11:56:05 EDT »

if you want to see the edited version you can see it here

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/dlink/index.html?episodeID=8a25c3921cffc260011d02f256c800f8

it's chopped up into 5 minute sections the scenes are in section 2 and 3
Octan
Political Commentator

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 16:04:41 EST »

So it's OK to have an episode that deals with kids being peeping toms, but not OK to say the word "gay"?

Somebody get a feminist army on these creeps.

"If the Nuremberg laws were applied, then every post-war American president would have been hanged." - Noam Chomsky

"The truth is that Bush just likes to blow things up." -- Rep. Pete Stark

"Talk show hosts, political candidates, news programs, special interest groups…they all become successful by reducing debates to the level of shouted rage.  Nothing gets solved, but we’re all entertained." -- Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes
rogue-kun
Dog of Lysdexics
Pundit

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 16:09:57 EST »

So it's OK to have an episode that deals with kids being peeping toms, but not OK to say the word "gay"?

Somebody get a feminist army on these creeps.

Which deviation? Clinton's or Palin's

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: