Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Brains 'hate curcuit' indentified
I Read This
October 18, 2018, 16:26:26 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Lupinia Hosting Community, which hosts I Read This, is supported by donations!  Please contribute if you're able, click here for details.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brains 'hate curcuit' indentified  (Read 2397 times)
Hephaestus 16
Political Analyst

« on: October 30, 2008, 17:25:12 EDT »

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/08010/08102901/

Is this perhaps the first step towards the clinical removal of hate? If so it that a good idea?

Hate detection will surely have benifits like making sure supreme court justices aren't prejudiced against any racial groups or somesuch. 

Since hate can be quanitified what unit should it be measured in?

"There lies before us, if we choose, continual progress in happiness, knowledge and wisdom. Shall we, instead, choose death, because we cannot forget our quarrels? We appeal as human beings, to human beings: Remember your humanity, and forget the rest. If you can do so, the way lies open to a new Paradise: if you cannot, there lies before you the risk of universal death." - Bertrand russell
please click these
Medivh
Pundit

Power-mad elf

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 19:29:27 EDT »

Maybe and no.

miliHitlers.

And if i catch you comin' back my way
I'm gonna serve it to you
And that ain't what you want to hear
But that's what I'll do
-- "Seven Nation Army", The White Stripes

So what you're telling me is that LTV's fudge factor means more than it's independent variable?
Yes...
Nerrin
Will Eat Children for Food
Political Commentator

Envision whirled peas

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 09:56:30 EDT »

I don't know. One Hitler did a lot, so even a thousandth of a Hitler is still pretty nasty. One might argue that even one-twelve-millionth of a Hitler is enough hate to kill someone (depending on how many Holocaust deaths we pin directly on him, Jews and non-Jews alike), and that's still a lot. At least in contrast, the miliHelen is an accurate, proportionate measure of beauty (how much is needed to launch a single ship) since one Helen launched a thousand ships.

Never hate an enemy when you can pity them.
-Ho Chi Ho Chi Zen, Paradigm Assault Squad

"No absolute truth can exist in a conscious mind, because every single thought is submitted to an individual and arbitrary judgment."

"It makes no difference if you throw your coins into the wishing well, or save your prayers inside a marvelous church filled of gold. All that matters is the faith inside you! If there is a God, He has no home; He is everywhere!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: