Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Leaving Forever (probably)
I Read This
September 23, 2018, 08:06:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have any issues at all, visit our support site.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Leaving Forever (probably)  (Read 3201 times)
Vicious Reasoning
Talking Head

« on: September 03, 2008, 23:24:07 EDT »

Since I moved IRT is being extremely finicky about loading. (About 99% of my attempts to go to the URL results in a 404.) Opera can refresh at a very fast rate with only one button click+hold, but it still takes about 5 minutes for me to finally make contact with the site.

I don't think it has anything to do with the site or server it's on, just the local network I'm on. (Crappy DNS or something, I don't know)

Since it is so hard and takes too much of my dwindling free time to get here, I think now is the time for me to throw in the towel and bid you all adieu. Hopefully I haven't been too much of a pain in the ass.

I am leaving the forums, but I will still check in to the IRC channel regularly, if anyone wants to contact me. (Unlikely, but meh, you never know.)
FireyTiger
Campaign Directors
Talking Head

Keith Olbermann's Stalker, apparently...

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 23:44:43 EDT »

awww... that really sucks. If you ever find some way to get on here with a better network or whatever the problem is, you'll know where to find us. And you'll definitely be welcome. Smiley

Quote from: azdb7
I'm sorry, you still seem to think your opinion is relevant.  Please re-examine the earlier posts and try again.
Gizensha
Campaign Management Staff
Free Speech Advocate

Dragon Winged Fox

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 00:03:58 EDT »

You'll be missed.

Here's hoping your network troubles vacate themselves.

Quote from: Tim Guest
Interactive Fiction is computer gaming's best parallel with poetry: complex, subtle, and these days absolutely unsaleable.

Quote from: Raph Koster
Art and entertainment are not terms of type - they are terms of intensity
Avistew
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 15:21:37 EDT »

well...
Maybe it will work next time you move. So, see you then I guess?
Current
Pundit

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 15:52:16 EDT »

Goodbye.  It's been good.
Manufacturing Dissent
Survivor of a year in France
Campaign Management Staff
Pundit

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 02:46:19 EDT »

It's a shame that you have to go, although I can understand the reasons.
Hopefully things work out and you'll be able to rejoin us some day.  Until then, take care!

"If it had not been for the discontent of a few fellows who had not been satisfied with their conditions, you would still be living in caves. Intelligent discontent is the mainspring of civilization.

Progress is born of agitation. It is agitation or stagnation."
     -Eugene Debs (1855- 1926)
Vicious Reasoning
Talking Head

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 02:55:28 EDT »

I managed to access the site again so I could read your responses to this. (took a good long bloody time, but it worked).

Thank you, all. I wish you all luck.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: