Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Yo.
I Read This
May 24, 2018, 06:03:37 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have any issues at all, visit our support site.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Yo.  (Read 5895 times)
Arloest
New Political Commentator

Yo.
« on: September 02, 2008, 22:00:30 EDT »

A good sum of you may know me from the Define 'Cynical' forums, where I'm a moderator.

I'm not exactly new here; as you can see this is my second post (I honestly forgot where and what my first post is), but I've just been largely inactive. However, this recent campaign season, in contrast to the seasons in the past, has actually captivated my interest in politics once again to the extent that I'd love to discuss it more. Not that I was ever disinterested in politics - but very rarely have I been obsessed as I am now.

And yes, I'm an Obama supporter. =P I voted for him in the primaries and caucused for him on both the precinct and district levels, the latter as a delegate.

This guy just amazes me like hardly any other politician I've known. And I know many feel the same way as I do about him.

So basically I plan on posting here much more often. I hope we'll all get along well! =D

This is my signature.
FireyTiger
Campaign Directors
Talking Head

Keith Olbermann's Stalker, apparently...

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 22:09:42 EDT »

Well hi there! Good to see you here. Cheesy

Quote from: azdb7
I'm sorry, you still seem to think your opinion is relevant.  Please re-examine the earlier posts and try again.
Medivh
Pundit

Power-mad elf

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 22:21:15 EDT »

A "Jack" fan, then?

And if i catch you comin' back my way
I'm gonna serve it to you
And that ain't what you want to hear
But that's what I'll do
-- "Seven Nation Army", The White Stripes

So what you're telling me is that LTV's fudge factor means more than it's independent variable?
Yes...
Arloest
New Political Commentator

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 22:31:01 EDT »

Firey: Hi! I remember you! =D You post briefly on DC for a while, right? Glad to see you're a head here!

Medivh: I used to be years ago. Not really anymore. But I liked the name, so I stole it. :3

This is my signature.
Gizensha
Campaign Management Staff
Free Speech Advocate

Dragon Winged Fox

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 22:33:23 EDT »

Hi there Smiley

Quote from: Tim Guest
Interactive Fiction is computer gaming's best parallel with poetry: complex, subtle, and these days absolutely unsaleable.

Quote from: Raph Koster
Art and entertainment are not terms of type - they are terms of intensity
FireyTiger
Campaign Directors
Talking Head

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 00:41:18 EDT »

Yeah, I posted at DC a little bit. I'm the one everyone always seems to think is a gay guy, even though i'm neither gay nor a guy. Tongue

These days I mostly stick to this forum, because it's the only one i've got time for anymore. Wink Hopefully i'll manage to get some more freetime at some point and head back to DC.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 00:44:03 EDT by FireyTiger » Logged

I'm sorry, you still seem to think your opinion is relevant.  Please re-examine the earlier posts and try again.
Gizensha
Free Speech Advocate

Dragon Winged Fox

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 01:05:31 EDT »

Yeah, I posted at DC a little bit. I'm the one everyone always seems to think is a gay guy, even though i'm neither gay nor a guy. Tongue

...But that seems to apply to here as well.

Interactive Fiction is computer gaming's best parallel with poetry: complex, subtle, and these days absolutely unsaleable.

FireyTiger
Campaign Directors
Talking Head

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 01:38:03 EDT »

I know, i'm just pointing out that this seems to be a common problem for me. I'd like to think it makes me more memorable. "OH yeah, that girl who everyone thought was a gay guy! I remember now!" Tongue

Medivh
Pundit

Power-mad elf

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 02:42:29 EDT »

Well, by your own admission (almost, there's wiggle room in there), you like the blokes. The orientation is correct, it's just the gender that gets flipped Tongue

And if i catch you comin' back my way
I'm gonna serve it to you
And that ain't what you want to hear
But that's what I'll do
-- "Seven Nation Army", The White Stripes

So what you're telling me is that LTV's fudge factor means more than it's independent variable?
Yes...
Gizensha
Free Speech Advocate

Dragon Winged Fox

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 02:59:14 EDT »

Well, by your own admission (almost, there's wiggle room in there), you like the blokes. The orientation is correct, it's just the gender that gets flipped Tongue

Too obvious not to

Manufacturing Dissent
Survivor of a year in France
Pundit

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 05:19:19 EDT »

Welcome to the forum!

"If it had not been for the discontent of a few fellows who had not been satisfied with their conditions, you would still be living in caves. Intelligent discontent is the mainspring of civilization.

Progress is born of agitation. It is agitation or stagnation."
     -Eugene Debs (1855- 1926)
Current
Pundit

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 05:28:03 EDT »

Welcome
Avistew
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 10:11:10 EDT »

Actually, I used to wonder why we talk about homosexuality and heterosexuality, rather than androphilia and gynephilia. I mean, It's so twisted, it's sometimes hard to remember what means what. Doesn't it do that to you? It seems easier to me to have words to know if someone like women or men (or both, or neither, but words for that don't need to change, bi is still bi even if it's short for biphilia, and asexuality is well named).

It also takes the "sex" part out of the words. If you look at the words, you know they mean "gender", but people keep thining it's all about sex, and that's annoying. Just because you're a virgin doesn't mean you have no orientation, for instance.

Also, hi! I used to hang up on DC, too, probably under the username of Lissou. You probably wouldn't remember, as I didn't stay for very long.
Heq
Trouble
Pundit

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 12:30:17 EDT »

Because thee are many men who have sex with the ladies without liking them at all.

*thumbs up*

"No common man could believe such a thing, you'd have to be an intellectual to fall for anything as stupid as that."-Orwell
HiFranc
Political Analyst

Me on holiday in Germany

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 14:12:38 EDT »

In honour of the short title, I have a short announcement:

Welcome.

Francisco,
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: