Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Heavy Metal Bunny (my cyborg costume)
I Read This
September 26, 2018, 01:32:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New here? Read our voting instructions and rules

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Heavy Metal Bunny (my cyborg costume)  (Read 15042 times)
BunnyBoy
Your stressed out bunny
Pundit

Blessed are the cheese makers

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 17:47:34 EDT »

Wow, it seems more manœuvrable than I would have expected it to be.
Definitely looks nead with the tubes and side stuff, btw.

thanks

Currently I'm working on the head peice.  Mainly collecting the pieces for my lenses
I've got a face plate and I've got the side piece (which will contain my hearing amplification set up and the power for any lighted eyes.) and I've got the helmet and outer mouth piece.  It should be interesting to do the melding of fur and metal.  I've got to build up the head a bit. I'll need to figure out how to make my nose.  Ohh I just had an interesting idea too.  since the nose is going to be flesh I'm thinking of running a tube into one nostril.

Avistew
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 08:01:53 EDT »

I award you one thousand internets for the correct use of the ligature.

Do I lose them for typing "nead" instead of "neat"? Tongue
BunnyBoy
Your stressed out bunny
Pundit

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 20:43:30 EDT »

Well I'm not sure I'm actualy going to build these extra hands but just in case I wanted to get them vetted by AC security

I've also asked them about the possibility of me wearing a side arm.  I'm thinking a modded nerf maverick (unloaded)

I'm thinking of a few catch phrases, since my head will have heavy metal it's not breaking the magic to talk, and I've got a good voice modulator I'm thinking of using in the build.

One I'm thinking of using is from Megus XLR
"I'll have your Jorbloks for that"
BunnyBoy
Your stressed out bunny
Pundit

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 19:12:30 EDT »

I'm thinking of downloading Megas there should be a few more choice phrases there... pluss I wanna make sure I pronounce jorblocks right.

Anyway  I just finalised the pieces that will become the cyborgs chest plate.

For the most part they are pieces of defunct computer shells although two parts are from a realy old flight stick. 

I've got some plans for these I'm going to do a silver base coat and some distressing for all the pieces then they will be bolted in places to a gray fleece vest,  I'm thinking of slitting the side along the cyborgs under arm for easier movement I'll run nylon straps across there and the undershirt will have a patch of fur sewn in place so you can see bunny parts under the armor.  The on the under side of the square chest plate with the slit in it I'm planning have a pocket for my voice modulator speaker.  I'll also drill a grill in the plastic so the sound carries better.  The chest peice with the round hole in it is going to be for an artificial heart.  I'm goign to place a clear dome in the gap and use a realistic prop heart.  I'm hopping with halloween comming up I'll be able to get a battery opperated one that beats.  I'll also add an red Led light for good measure but it should be a cool effect.  the last three pieces will be on my with a basic paint job and maybe some trim
BunnyBoy
Your stressed out bunny
Pundit

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2008, 21:38:08 EDT »

Well I finished the basic build and paint on my eyes

My mic and sound amplification system needs a second coat of silver and when it's done I should have a number ot red and green LED's placed on the head set but I think it came out pretty good
Gizensha
Campaign Management Staff
Free Speech Advocate

Dragon Winged Fox

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2008, 04:25:53 EDT »

The eyes certainly look good, yeah.

Quote from: Tim Guest
Interactive Fiction is computer gaming's best parallel with poetry: complex, subtle, and these days absolutely unsaleable.

Quote from: Raph Koster
Art and entertainment are not terms of type - they are terms of intensity
BunnyBoy
Your stressed out bunny
Pundit

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2008, 02:41:44 EDT »

Hi Hi all

I've got a little bit of an update on the costume

My first is a mod of a Nerf maverick

I talked to security at AC and they told me I may be allowed to carry it but I had to leave something brightly colored so it's still recognizably a toy and I didn't bring any ammo.   So I left the hunters orange parts

My paint job isn't the best but I think it's pretty cool

the other day my sis gave me a lift to good will so I could drop off some stuff.  afterwards we went in to see if there was anything good.  Me I spotted these for 3 bucks

I painted the plastic silver and the cloth black 

I'm a litttle worried about the logo.  I probably should have sanded them off like I did on the nerf gun
BunnyBoy
Your stressed out bunny
Pundit

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2008, 14:02:53 EDT »

head work

I've done some head construction

Looks kinda like some freaky half done gas mask so far this is the realy bare bones construction

http://www.furaffinity.net/full/1633685/

Here is my head about two- thirds of the way done

I've covered the frame in felt, added foam to the sides of the face, set up the left side ear piece and wired it for sound.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/1654760/

I just have to use faux leather to make the nose, and thne fur the out side. after that I'll need to get some bolts to go through the cheeks as suport for the mouth piece and I'll be set to fit the over helmet over the top and my head will be compleate
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: