Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
And so I join another forum!
I Read This
May 27, 2018, 05:32:21 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Lupinia Hosting Community, which hosts I Read This, is supported by donations!  Please contribute if you're able, click here for details.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: And so I join another forum!  (Read 3863 times)
Etheor
New Political Commentator

« on: June 28, 2008, 23:54:14 EDT »

Hallo all, I'm Etheor, although I go by several other names. This is actually my first time using this particular pseudonym. Anyway, I'm a friend of Eon and he actually recommended I join this forum.

I'm an atheist, quite possibly moreso than Eon, and am also a disesteblishmentarian(ist?). I live in Australia, and although we don't have as many fundies as other places, we still have our share of weird people. I'd love to get out of this country ASAP. However, if you're a tourist, feel free to drop in, it's actually not as bad as I make it out to be. Tongue

Oh, I also make comics, but they're nowhere as good as Eon's. He's my inspiration, actually.

Also, for future reference, I am indeed a girl. I don't mind being confused for a guy, I find it quite humorous actually.
Eon
The Cute and Fuzzy Author of Eon's Comic
Talking Head

I like vixens!

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 00:00:59 EDT »

A bigger atheist than me? Oh, it's on now!

And welcome!

*slips her twenty dollars for plugging his comics*

Etheor
New Political Commentator

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 00:08:36 EDT »

Gawd, Eon, you'll make them think you're running a syndicate or something. Tongue
Eon
The Cute and Fuzzy Author of Eon's Comic
Talking Head

I like vixens!

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 00:14:19 EDT »

Gawd, Eon, you'll make them think you're running a syndicate or something. Tongue

Hush! Not on the forum!

Medivh
Pundit

Power-mad elf

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 02:38:21 EDT »

Hello, fellow Australian. Get out of here, though? Why?

You don't live in Adelaide, do you?

And if i catch you comin' back my way
I'm gonna serve it to you
And that ain't what you want to hear
But that's what I'll do
-- "Seven Nation Army", The White Stripes

So what you're telling me is that LTV's fudge factor means more than it's independent variable?
Yes...
purplecat
Mad Scientist
Campaign Management Staff
Pundit

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 10:46:58 EDT »

Hello and welcome, new person.

What's the reason for fleeing? Is it because all of the native flora and fauna on the island are trying to kill you?

Just one question, though.

How can you be a disestablishmentarian in Australia? You guys don't have a state church to disestablish. You could be against the creation of one, but that would make you an antiestablishmentarian. Or perhaps you're against the existence of all of the many state religions, which would make you a pangloboantiestablismentarian.

Purplecat: Keeper of the political compass thread. Want to be on the graph? post your results here

Me: (No, seriously, this entire forum has the attention span of an..... oooh! shiny!)
Current
Pundit

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 15:17:13 EDT »

Welcome.

Verbing is a common passtime on this forum, you get used to it after a while.  It's the influence of Calvin and Hobbes, both of whom were pangloboestablishmentarians.
Avistew
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 08:45:52 EDT »

Welcome Smiley Nice to see a new... er... name, I guess. It's not like you have a face (or an avatar yet).
Gizensha
Free Speech Advocate

Dragon Winged Fox

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 11:31:15 EDT »

Greetings.

Do enjoy your stay.

Quote from: Tim Guest
Interactive Fiction is computer gaming's best parallel with poetry: complex, subtle, and these days absolutely unsaleable.

Quote from: Raph Koster
Art and entertainment are not terms of type - they are terms of intensity
Manufacturing Dissent
Survivor of a year in France
Pundit

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 11:44:26 EDT »

Welcome to the forum!

"If it had not been for the discontent of a few fellows who had not been satisfied with their conditions, you would still be living in caves. Intelligent discontent is the mainspring of civilization.

Progress is born of agitation. It is agitation or stagnation."
     -Eugene Debs (1855- 1926)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: