Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
IDT: The Book(with Sean Penn as Joe, the Liberal Eagle)
I Read This
July 20, 2018, 16:12:21 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Lupinia Hosting Community, which hosts I Read This, is supported by donations!  Please contribute if you're able, click here for details.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IDT: The Book(with Sean Penn as Joe, the Liberal Eagle)  (Read 2972 times)
Icedragon
Campaign Management Staff
Pundit

IDT colorist

« on: December 09, 2007, 14:57:28 EST »

http://www.idrewthis.org/2007/12/past-and-future-of-idt.html : The Blog entry

http://www.lulu.com/content/1484844 - The Book

http://stores.lulu.com/dcsimpson - Other works by DCS.

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else." - Teddy Roosevelt

"The internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck. It's a series of tubes!" -Sen. Ted Stevens
GhostWay
Political Analyst

Former Moderator

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 14:35:10 EST »

I just realized what was bugging me so much about the font used - every vowel is italicized.  Honestly, I can't see any stylistic or practical reason for this.  It's really awkward and painful to read and, I'll admit, doesn't make me want to read much of it.  Although, I guess the book is mainly comics with minimal commentary, but it still seems like bad design.  Plus, the first few pages - which the site lets you preview - are mostly text...

Also, Icedragon, what exactly are you getting at with "...with Sean Penn as Joe, the Liberal Eagle?"

[citation needed]
Icedragon
Campaign Management Staff
Pundit

IDT colorist

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 14:47:53 EST »

Just a joke, nothing more

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else." - Teddy Roosevelt

"The internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck. It's a series of tubes!" -Sen. Ted Stevens
Liberal Seagull
Pundit

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 13:43:24 EST »

I just realized what was bugging me so much about the font used - every vowel is italicized.  Honestly, I can't see any stylistic or practical reason for this.  It's really awkward and painful to read and, I'll admit, doesn't make me want to read much of it.  Although, I guess the book is mainly comics with minimal commentary, but it still seems like bad design.  Plus, the first few pages - which the site lets you preview - are mostly text...

It's a novelty font, to be sure, but this is not a book that contains long passages of text.  Other than the intro, it's all cartoons with the occasional scattered quote or commentary.  Also, I think the on-screen preview is harder to read than the actual printed text, for some reason.

Disclaimer:
For external use only.  Seek medical attention if effects last more than 48 hours.  Do not mix with bleach.  Do not cross the streams.  If the plug does not fit your outlet, consult an electrician.  Side effects may include: Panic belching, excessive consumption of french fries, webbed feet, exploding uvula syndrome, temporary relocation to the 8th dimension, and the condition known as "bratwurst finger."  Disconnect all power before servicing.  Do not use while sleeping.  The electrons used in this message are in every measurable respect identical to electrons in other users' messages, and no claim to the contrary is implied.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: