Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New Server Has Arrived!
I Read This
October 17, 2018, 10:10:33 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have any issues at all, visit our support site.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Server Has Arrived!  (Read 3640 times)
Natasha Lockhart
Lupinia Administrator
Talking Head

« on: December 01, 2007, 06:35:58 EST »

In case you're just joining our adventure, I announced in March that Lupinia (the hosting provider for this site) would be moving to a co-located dedicated server.  There were many reasons for this decision, including poor support from our current host, flaky email system, and a large number of limitations on the current site.  Due mostly to my own screw-ups, this project fell grossly behind schedule several times, and I wouldn't blame many of you if you considered this to be vapour-ware.

But, I've managed to pull through, and this project is finally on track!  The server arrived today, and I installed the new hard drives.  I've also acquired almost all of the software, I'm just waiting on an Ebay seller to ship the OS.  I'm also not going about this by myself anymore, either; LilPup and I will be co-administrating the server, and Fox_Cub will be applying his expertise as our network security administrator.

Here's a picture (click on it for the full gallery):

We'll be prepping the server for installation as fast as possible, and I hope to go live in early January, if not sooner.
Gizensha
Campaign Management Staff
Free Speech Advocate

Dragon Winged Fox

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 10:23:54 EST »

Hurrah!

Quote from: Tim Guest
Interactive Fiction is computer gaming's best parallel with poetry: complex, subtle, and these days absolutely unsaleable.

Quote from: Raph Koster
Art and entertainment are not terms of type - they are terms of intensity
rogue-kun
Dog of Lysdexics
Pundit

When I grow up I wanna be a kid

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 13:30:23 EST »

And there was much rejoicing Cool

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dew of the mountain that thoughts acquire speed; the hands acquire shakes; the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Economic Left/Right: -7.38 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.79
This message is encoded with ROT26. Decoding is punishable by law under the DMCA.
Rogue's Weyr Rogue's Rabblings
Darkeforce
Banned
Political Thinktank

Forum's Punching Bag

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 17:18:01 EST »

Haste is appreciated, but not demanded. (i.e. Take the time you need; we're not dying without it)

"Going to War for Peace,
is like Screwing for Virginity."

"Politics. It's like having evil cake, and eating it, too" - Torg - Sluggy Freelance
Icedragon
Pundit

IDT colorist

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 14:24:08 EST »

ooh, shiny

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else." - Teddy Roosevelt

"The internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck. It's a series of tubes!" -Sen. Ted Stevens
rwpikul
Pundit

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 23:09:57 EST »

And there was much rejoicing Cool

{Waves small flag}

yay

--

Chakat Firepaw - Inventor & Scientist (Mad)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: