Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Mirror Image
I Read This
November 15, 2018, 07:46:12 EST *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New here? Read our voting instructions and rules

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mirror Image  (Read 4534 times)
Dmitri
Political Commentator

Neo-Liberal Person

« on: November 29, 2007, 15:42:58 EST »

Funny how well it works the other way as well...

"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
-Napoleon
Bringerofpie
Pundit

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 16:08:08 EST »

Heh. Thanks for the perspective. I also don't agree with many of Hillary's policies.

Set a new standard
Defy the odds
Step up.

Economic Left/Right: -7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.21

Does anyone else get more liberal every time they take the political compass test?
Juna Usonano
Banned
Political Commentator

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 19:23:31 EDT »

Christians are superstitious fools.

Gizensha
Campaign Management Staff
Free Speech Advocate

Dragon Winged Fox

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 19:25:34 EDT »

...I'd have thought a liberal would be more likely to not agre--

Oh. Right. America. Moderate right wing vs Extreme right wing. Gotcha.

Quote from: Tim Guest
Interactive Fiction is computer gaming's best parallel with poetry: complex, subtle, and these days absolutely unsaleable.

Quote from: Raph Koster
Art and entertainment are not terms of type - they are terms of intensity
Current
Pundit

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 09:26:56 EDT »

Funny how well it works the other way as well...
Indeed.  You can do that sort of thing with many of the blog posts too.
joshbrenton
Active Libertarian
Political Analyst

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 02:13:55 EDT »

Left-wing and right-wing extremists tend to say nothing of value. They just spout hatred that only serves to make the moderate, rational members of their respective political parties look bad by affiliation.
wodan46
Pundit

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 18:27:52 EDT »

Which is why we are glad, in a vicious stabby kind of way, to have people like you in the forum.  Your views may be very different from mine, but you are able to present reasoned arguments rather than shouting empty catchphrases and throwing insults.  I've seen people like those, frequenting the anonymous drecky comments of countless online news and political blog websites.  Reasoning with them is like reasoning with an invisible pink brick wall.

The plural of "anecdote" is "anecdotes". Not "data".
joshbrenton
Active Libertarian
Political Analyst

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 18:59:35 EDT »

Which is why we are glad, in a vicious stabby kind of way, to have people like you in the forum.  Your views may be very different from mine, but you are able to present reasoned arguments rather than shouting empty catchphrases and throwing insults.  I've seen people like those, frequenting the anonymous drecky comments of countless online news and political blog websites.  Reasoning with them is like reasoning with an invisible pink brick wall.

Wow, thanks. I have to admit that it's enriching to debate with you as well. And I apologize if I came off as insulting or condescending in any of our recent discussions.
wodan46
Pundit

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 21:22:12 EDT »

Nah, I probably come off as insulting and condescending myself.  I'm much nicer in person, but on the series of tubes I feel less compulsion to repress negative statements, and am much more willing to fight out debates, because, you know, I don't have to live with you guys and gals on a day to day basis, and its understood that the primary purpose for this communication, this link, is to argue and debate, consider and think.

Also, anyone know why Guy is still commonly used, but Gal isn't?  Instead Guy is usually paired up with Girl now, which comes across as vaguely sexist given that it implies a lower age and maturity, as does Girl's actual counterpart Boy.  If Gal hadn't fallen out of circulation, there wouldn't be this problem.

The plural of "anecdote" is "anecdotes". Not "data".
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: