Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
[Photo] Dancing With Fire
I Read This
November 19, 2018, 17:28:29 EST *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have any issues at all, visit our support site.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Photo] Dancing With Fire  (Read 2552 times)
Natasha Lockhart
Lupinia Administrator
Talking Head

« on: August 16, 2007, 23:04:10 EDT »

These were taken at the first meeting of a group of fire spinners at Highland Farm, and will hopefully become a recurring tradition.  Fire spinning is what it sounds like, the artistic/dance spinning of a flaming object.  Common fire toys include staffs (wicks at each end, spun like a martial arts bow) and poi (flaming balls on chains).  More images from the event are available here.

The first image is of my close friend Wolfcub, spinning a double-wicked staff.  He also was kind enough to let me use his camera when I forgot mine, thanks Wolf!  The second image is someone I don't really know, I'd never met him before and I forgot to get names.

More at http://www.lupinia.net/photo/firedancing.php
Gizensha
Campaign Management Staff
Free Speech Advocate

Dragon Winged Fox

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 11:09:27 EDT »

Purdy

That looks like it would be one hell of stim toy. Unfortunately also looks like it would be even less practical than a stuffed animal is, but...

Quote from: Tim Guest
Interactive Fiction is computer gaming's best parallel with poetry: complex, subtle, and these days absolutely unsaleable.

Quote from: Raph Koster
Art and entertainment are not terms of type - they are terms of intensity
Darkeforce
Banned
Political Thinktank

Forum's Punching Bag

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 18:52:30 EDT »

I wonder what kind of picture you would get if someone spun around a flaming effigy of Dubya? evil

"Going to War for Peace,
is like Screwing for Virginity."

"Politics. It's like having evil cake, and eating it, too" - Torg - Sluggy Freelance
Sylvine
Artist wannabe.
Political Commentator

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 19:14:57 EST »

I wonder what kind of picture you would get if someone spun around a flaming effigy of Dubya? evil

Most probably something like this:

(pardon for necroing, kinda. The photos per se are great. Could post some of mine with the same topic, but...eh...probably noone cares enough, anyway =) )

~Sylv
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: