Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Looking for a cartoonist
I Read This
May 27, 2018, 11:27:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have any issues at all, visit our support site.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a cartoonist  (Read 1994 times)
Manufacturing Dissent
Survivor of a year in France
Campaign Management Staff
Pundit

« on: July 24, 2007, 17:51:32 EDT »

Alice (Lissou) and I have been working on a story idea for a while that we'd like to turn into a webcomic, but we'd need someone to draw it.  Alice has some preliminary sketches, but between school, scripting and other commitments wouldn't have time to draw it, and as for myself, I can't draw a straight line with a ruler.

We'd need someone either committed to draw, or someone to point us in the direction where we can find someone willing to commit to the project.  Text will be added by Alice, as we're going to have the comic available in both French and English.
The plan is to have it in a manga-style, leaning a bit towards some realism.  If anyone has a question you can either pm or e-mail Alice or myself.  Or just post in the thread, that works, too.

If anyone is interested, here are links to a couple of Alice's sketches and notes:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/48433002/
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/48447895/

"If it had not been for the discontent of a few fellows who had not been satisfied with their conditions, you would still be living in caves. Intelligent discontent is the mainspring of civilization.

Progress is born of agitation. It is agitation or stagnation."
     -Eugene Debs (1855- 1926)
Chemical Garden
Banned
Talking Head

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 00:31:43 EDT »

Just a warning you have to be pretty careful with who you pick.  It can be very difficult to get something you have pictured perfectly in your head drawn by somebody else.  I imagine it will be extremely difficult if this is a comic that has alot of action or changes between panels.  If you are doing it over the internet then expect it to be even more difficult, although I suppose if you are able to do rough drawings of the comics then it might not be as bad. 

The water that quit our thirst
Was not from earthly vineyards mined
And then we drunkenly sailed
The gutter of our invisible shrines
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: