Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New comic?
I Read This
May 24, 2018, 13:11:16 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Lupinia Hosting Community, which hosts I Read This, is supported by donations!  Please contribute if you're able, click here for details.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New comic?  (Read 8166 times)
bardliam
New Political Commentator

« on: June 19, 2007, 14:16:20 EDT »

I'm all for the new format, but 30 days without updating?
FireyTiger
Campaign Directors
Talking Head

Keith Olbermann's Stalker, apparently...

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 14:26:00 EDT »

*sigh* DCS isn't a machine that just spits out cartoons on a set schedule y'know... maybe he's been busy with things, like getting this strip in a newspaper? Or just living his life in general? Sometimes you just get busy, and there's not much you can do about it. I mean, after all, this *is* a FREE comic that he's allowing you to enjoy here. Start paying him for each strip that he puts out and then maybe you can complain that he's not putting them out to your liking.

and also, it's only been 26 days since the last update. [/nitpick]

Quote from: azdb7
I'm sorry, you still seem to think your opinion is relevant.  Please re-examine the earlier posts and try again.
Richard K Niner
Founder
Campaign Directors
Pundit

Indecision incarnate canine

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 16:21:58 EDT »

Eh, from what I've heard, there seems to be a redesign in the works...

EDIT: Here we go (Warning: journal entry title contains spoiler concerning The Sopranos; another thread on not being warned does not strike me as a good idea)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 16:28:56 EDT by Richard K Niner » Logged

Darkeforce
Banned
Political Thinktank

Forum's Punching Bag

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 19:34:11 EDT »

*sigh* DCS isn't a machine that just spits out cartoons on a set schedule y'know... maybe he's been busy with things, like getting this strip in a newspaper? Or just living his life in general? Sometimes you just get busy, and there's not much you can do about it. I mean, after all, this *is* a FREE comic that he's allowing you to enjoy here. Start paying him for each strip that he puts out and then maybe you can complain that he's not putting them out to your liking.

and also, it's only been 26 days since the last update. [/nitpick]

Not to mention that he's providing this service for free! If he even needed months between strips, that'd okay with me, personally

"Going to War for Peace,
is like Screwing for Virginity."

"Politics. It's like having evil cake, and eating it, too" - Torg - Sluggy Freelance
FireyTiger
Campaign Directors
Talking Head

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 03:09:27 EDT »

I *did* mention that it's for Free, but okay. lol Tongue

"Damn it man, where's my free comic strip?! What am I not paying you for?!" Tongue

I'm sorry, you still seem to think your opinion is relevant.  Please re-examine the earlier posts and try again.
Daedalus
Pundit

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 05:53:25 EDT »

Using my Reader Eyes for a moment here...
DCS has been doing this long enough that I trust him to be working, but from a less established cartoonist I would probably write him off as a lost cause at this point and remove him from my bookmarks. At the least, I would expect him to post (here on the site; I stopped reading his livejournal when he made it friends-only, since I'm... not a friend and couldn't read it) to let us know that, incidentally, he's taking some time off, or working on a big redesign or whatever. And there's the fact that these are remade strips that are running; there hasn't been an entirely new strip since April 10th.

Commence flaming. *puts on asbestos socks*

Reviled did I live, said I, as evil I did deliver.

So basically Hillary Clinton's point is, "Yes, I take money from lobbyists, because they're real people with real needs. But don't worry, I don't listen to them."
--Jon Stewart
Current
Pundit

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 10:57:07 EDT »

It also worth mentioning that "Ozy and Millie" has been great recently.
Lissou
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 13:56:29 EDT »

PG: he makes "non-friends-only" posts from time to time, it might still be a good idea to check on his page now and then.
bardliam

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 14:45:55 EDT »

I understand it's a free comic, and that he has other projects. That he has no real obligation to do this at all. But usually when someone changes their format to go in a 'new direction', they continue with it for a while. I guess I wanted to hear from DC directly, even if it's just to say 'I don't have time because of x and y'. As for the 'you don't pay him for this' crack, I have supported a number of webcomic developers by donation and merchandise purchase - how the bleeding hell do YOU know?
FireyTiger
Campaign Directors
Talking Head

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 14:58:47 EDT »

hate to nitpick again, but supporting him doesn't technically mean you're paying him for his services. Now if you had a deal with him where he had to draw x number of strips in y amount of time and you'd pay him a set amount, then THAT is paying him for his services. Or if you were contracting with him to run his strip in a paper, or paying a monthly fee to view this site, then yes, that's paying him for his services. buying a few coffee mugs (or whatever you bought as you seem to like to look for loopholes in arguments) or giving him some money because you like his work isn't the same thing.

bardliam

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 16:47:31 EDT »

(or whatever you bought as you seem to like to look for loopholes in arguments)

Ring!
Ring!

"Hello?"

"Mr. Pot?"
"Yes?"
"This is Mr. Kettle. I couldn't help but notice your onyx coloring."

I just came here to find out if he's given up on this strip, is just to busy, or whatever, not to be attacked for asking about an update of a comic I thoroughly enjoy and thought the creator was committed to doing for a while. Just looking for info. If you don't have it, that's fine. I'd like to hear from someone who does.
FireyTiger
Campaign Directors
Talking Head

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 17:46:38 EDT »

And you have. RKNiner gave you the link where DC said to look for the site to be totally reborn shortly. So there you go.

Darkeforce
Banned
Political Thinktank

Forum's Punching Bag

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2007, 19:54:16 EDT »

Ring!
Ring!

"Hello?"

"Mr. Pot?"
"Yes?"

I just came here to find out if he's given up on this strip, is just to busy, or whatever, not to be attacked for asking about an update of a comic I thoroughly enjoy and thought the creator was committed to doing for a while. Just looking for info. If you don't have it, that's fine. I'd like to hear from someone who does.

Actually, you came here flaming because there wasn't a new cartoon, and you were treated accordingly.

"Going to War for Peace,
is like Screwing for Virginity."

"Politics. It's like having evil cake, and eating it, too" - Torg - Sluggy Freelance
Medivh
Pundit

Power-mad elf

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2007, 21:56:08 EDT »

Ring!
Ring!

"Hello?"

"Mr. Pot?"
"Yes?"

In addition to Darke's point, you've used the metaphor of pot and kettle wrongly. See, that would imply that FT was looking for loopholes in your arguments. What she was actually doing was shooting them the hell down. Biiiiiiiiiiig difference.

And if i catch you comin' back my way
I'm gonna serve it to you
And that ain't what you want to hear
But that's what I'll do
-- "Seven Nation Army", The White Stripes

So what you're telling me is that LTV's fudge factor means more than it's independent variable?
Yes...
FireyTiger
Campaign Directors
Talking Head

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2007, 22:06:23 EDT »

Cheesy I love you guys. lol

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: