Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
What time is it, where you are?
I Read This
November 19, 2018, 04:55:04 EST *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have any issues at all, visit our support site.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: What time is it, where you are?  (Read 18878 times)
Darkeforce
Banned
Political Thinktank

Forum's Punching Bag

« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2007, 23:51:26 EDT »

Unfortunately you are going to have to blame a Canadian this time, Sir Stanford Flemming.

Bastard! Tongue

Anyone up for a rousing chorus of "Blame Canada"? :p

You Canadians are all the same, with your beady eyes and flapping faces!

Yeah, but the Americans have Celine Dion and William Shatner, so it's all a wash.

"Going to War for Peace,
is like Screwing for Virginity."

"Politics. It's like having evil cake, and eating it, too" - Torg - Sluggy Freelance
Miss Adelaide
Political Analyst

College student who thinks she knows everything...

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2007, 22:30:16 EDT »

Central, it's 9:28 PM, and I'm waiting for the guy who said he was going to make me dinner tonite to call........Damn straight men.

Free the West Memphis Three!

http://www.wm3.org

Economic Left/Right: -5.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.67
Zavion
This is my title.
Talking Head

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2007, 00:37:31 EDT »

Central, it's 9:28 PM, and I'm waiting for the guy who said he was going to make me dinner tonite to call........Damn straight men.

From experience, bisexual men can be late to stuff too.

I don't like signatures, so I'm not making one.
What would you guys think I'd look like?

You're clearly a somewhat sexily thrusting cycloptic mecha with horns.
Medivh
Pundit

Power-mad elf

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2007, 01:19:53 EDT »

He's not a scientist or engineer of some sort, is he?

And if i catch you comin' back my way
I'm gonna serve it to you
And that ain't what you want to hear
But that's what I'll do
-- "Seven Nation Army", The White Stripes

So what you're telling me is that LTV's fudge factor means more than it's independent variable?
Yes...
Gizensha
Campaign Management Staff
Free Speech Advocate

Dragon Winged Fox

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2007, 01:34:18 EDT »

If he is, especially if his specific scientific field is computer science, he probably considers dinner time to be about 5am. 9:30pm is probably what he considered 'breakfast time'. 'lunch time' if you're lucky.

Quote from: Tim Guest
Interactive Fiction is computer gaming's best parallel with poetry: complex, subtle, and these days absolutely unsaleable.

Quote from: Raph Koster
Art and entertainment are not terms of type - they are terms of intensity
Medivh
Pundit

Power-mad elf

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2007, 09:03:53 EDT »

My point exactly. Most scientists and engineers seem to be disorganised sorts, though.

But that's what I'll do

So what you're telling me is that LTV's fudge factor means more than it's independent variable?
Yes...
Zavion
This is my title.
Talking Head

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2007, 10:58:55 EDT »

My point exactly. Most scientists and engineers seem to be disorganised sorts, though.

That's not really an excuse to stand somebody up. "Oh, I'm too smart to know how to buy an alarm clock."

Richard K Niner
Founder
Campaign Directors
Pundit

Indecision incarnate canine

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2007, 11:27:54 EDT »

Alarm clocks? I don't need those - my internal clock always gets me where I need to be half an hour early

Medivh
Pundit

Power-mad elf

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2007, 11:46:15 EDT »

That's not really an excuse to stand somebody up. "Oh, I'm too smart to know how to buy an alarm clock."

Not too smart to buy one, too buried in interesting puzzles to realise that it's going off.

Happened to me a few times. Organic alarm clocks are much more reliable. Tongue

But that's what I'll do

Yes...
Zavion
This is my title.
Talking Head

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2007, 11:48:33 EDT »

Not too smart to buy one, too buried in interesting puzzles to realise that it's going off.
Happened to me a few times. Organic alarm clocks are much more reliable. Tongue

Apparentally NOT if you're needing to justifiying being late all the time. If you were never late to anything, there would be no need for justification.

Alarm clocks? I don't need those - my internal clock always gets me where I need to be half an hour early

That sounds a little like paranoia of being late. I don't ever see the real reason to be early to stuff by that large a margin. I mean, if they wanted me there at 8, don't tell me to be there by 8:30.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 11:50:42 EDT by Zavion » Logged

Gizensha
Campaign Management Staff
Free Speech Advocate

Dragon Winged Fox

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2007, 12:55:32 EDT »

That's nothing. I once didn't realise the school bell was going off because I was too engrossed in a book in the library Smiley

As for alarm clocks - don't use them to do anything but get up because I would never remember to set the thing. I usually forget to deset the thing when I've finished with it as an alarm clock.

Quote from: Tim Guest
Interactive Fiction is computer gaming's best parallel with poetry: complex, subtle, and these days absolutely unsaleable.

Quote from: Raph Koster
Art and entertainment are not terms of type - they are terms of intensity
Tevorcet
Bowling-Man
Talking Head

« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2007, 13:25:47 EDT »

I had an alarm clock. And then it became part of a Rube Goldberg Machine, and thereafter didn't keep time very well. The replacement I got isn't much better; despite being digital, it gains nearly 5 minutes a week. So until I shell out the cash for an atomic clock, I'm used to being perpetually early by a large margin. I'm part of a very rare breed of engineers indeed.

"When Reagan came into office, he had the solar panels installed on the White House by Jimmy [Carter] removed, and basically declared war on the sun." Who Killed the Electric Car?
Zavion
This is my title.
Talking Head

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2007, 15:43:38 EDT »

I had an alarm clock. And then it became part of a Rube Goldberg Machine, and thereafter didn't keep time very well. The replacement I got isn't much better; despite being digital, it gains nearly 5 minutes a week. So until I shell out the cash for an atomic clock, I'm used to being perpetually early by a large margin. I'm part of a very rare breed of engineers indeed.

It sounds like you got a shitty clock; not all digital clocks get that bad that fast (even though, you should probably reset it every year or so, but you end up needing to twice for Daylight Saving Time anyways). I don't personally set alarms for most things, but, if it was important enough, like, say a date, and I KNEW I was going to to be distracted, like, reading, I would set an alarm on my cellphone. Actually, I do this while cooking.

Miss Adelaide
Political Analyst

College student who thinks she knows everything...

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2007, 15:49:09 EDT »

Nah, he's a cook and a general manager at my favorite pizzaria.  Ultimately it all went well.  I have learned that my new beau simply doesn't sleep at night, and instead sleeps during the day.  I was there till four last night watching movies and had to haul my ass to work at 9 am this morning.  He's agreed that next time we will do this during the day, and he can be sleep deprived.  smiley

Free the West Memphis Three!

http://www.wm3.org

Economic Left/Right: -5.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.67
Zavion
This is my title.
Talking Head

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2007, 16:15:26 EDT »

Nah, he's a cook and a general manager at my favorite pizzaria.  Ultimately it all went well.  I have learned that my new beau simply doesn't sleep at night, and instead sleeps during the day.  I was there till four last night watching movies and had to haul my ass to work at 9 am this morning.  He's agreed that next time we will do this during the day, and he can be sleep deprived.  smiley

I think that he could at least call, or warn you of that >.>

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: