Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Paris Hilton sentenced to jailtime
I Read This
May 25, 2018, 20:42:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have any issues at all, visit our support site.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Paris Hilton sentenced to jailtime  (Read 29914 times)
Tevorcet
Bowling-Man
Talking Head

« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2007, 07:41:07 EDT »

A robot.

Seriously, I likewise think of people as their profile pictures, although I also incorporate the way they write into my image of them. For example, when I think of Gizensha, I picture a fox, not a human, and while I don't really imagine a voice, I do imagine a certain writing style--British spelling and a certain predilection for layered parenthesis. Likewise, at this point I know that he (and I only imagine him as a he because he's said so) is also knowledgeable about certain kinds of computer games, Doctor Who, voting methods, and autism, among other things.

Granted, most everyone else here has an advantage over me--that picture is actually what I look like. Not that I normally wear a bag, of course.

"When Reagan came into office, he had the solar panels installed on the White House by Jimmy [Carter] removed, and basically declared war on the sun." Who Killed the Electric Car?
Richard K Niner
Founder
Campaign Directors
Pundit

Indecision incarnate canine

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2007, 09:10:26 EDT »

...I can't help but wonder how people visualize me...

Daedalus
Pundit

« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2007, 09:49:44 EDT »

Not to be an attention whore, but, what would you guys think I'd look like?

[Tangent] You know, for a long time, I didn't see the robot, but only saw a standing figure with brown "stem" and green toppings out of the corner of my eye, which always made me assume it was a screenshot of the Dryad from Secret of Mana. Or rather, I saw the robot, but for a long time it didn't take, and I would again think of the Dryad every time I saw the avatar. [/tangent]

Man, that was such a good game... Which is also where I got my previous avatar, but which I swapped for the current one quite some time ago.

Reviled did I live, said I, as evil I did deliver.

So basically Hillary Clinton's point is, "Yes, I take money from lobbyists, because they're real people with real needs. But don't worry, I don't listen to them."
--Jon Stewart
Gizensha
Campaign Management Staff
Free Speech Advocate

Dragon Winged Fox

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2007, 12:59:56 EDT »

Not to be an attention whore, but, what would you guys think I'd look like?

You're clearly a somewhat sexily thrusting cycloptic mecha with horns.

Quote from: Tim Guest
Interactive Fiction is computer gaming's best parallel with poetry: complex, subtle, and these days absolutely unsaleable.

Quote from: Raph Koster
Art and entertainment are not terms of type - they are terms of intensity
Andrei
Political Analyst

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2007, 13:23:38 EDT »

Wow, just, wow...

You toss a casual comment about how virtual interaction is not quite the same as actual human interaction on a thread about Ms. Hilton going to jail, wait for 24 hours, and find a discussion about avatars and the way forumers visualize one another...

Maybe I should look for an avatar... although not having one exercises people's imagination more.

I'm almost afraid to wonder how people imagine me...

He looked severely at me for awhile, then, grabbing his moustaches, he said:
- Boss, with all due respect, you are naive and pedant.

"Alexis Zorba", by Nikos Kazantzakis (translation mine)
Noktoraiz
Political Analyst

Nokt Nokt... Who's there?

« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2007, 15:25:09 EDT »

I know I've only been on this forum for a few weeks, but, how do you guys view me, I mean, I just use one of the stock avatars for this site, I don't even have my own (although, if you want to view me as Jesus/God, go ahead...)

If you have any suggestions for an avatar for me, feel free to suggest it (even ideas, I need somethin' new)

EDIT: I changed it, this looks a little more like me (minus the dragon, that's just cool)
That's really how my eyes look most of the time, subtly staring, it disturbs some of my friends sometimes...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 15:38:58 EDT by Noktoraiz » Logged

Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. That's why I did this: to protect you from yourselves.
--Sideshow Bob
Zavion
This is my title.
Talking Head

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2007, 15:27:59 EDT »

Avatar-Change'd, to what would more-resemble 'Zavion' the character (when I first came here, I didn't know how long I'd be, cause, people in forums usually scare me away within a few days of my first post, so I picked an avatar that less represented 'me' than something that I liked...). I wonder what think you?

^_^;; I like the attention.. I told you I'm a whore... u_u;;;

I don't like signatures, so I'm not making one.
What would you guys think I'd look like?

Chemical Garden
Banned
Talking Head

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2007, 15:48:47 EDT »

I think Cyber sex is the best thing for sex since the evolution of the opposable thumb.

I'd say you had a point if it wasn't for all the guys looking to cyber sex up underaged kids

The water that quit our thirst
Was not from earthly vineyards mined
And then we drunkenly sailed
The gutter of our invisible shrines
Zavion
This is my title.
Talking Head

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2007, 15:59:23 EDT »

I think Cyber sex is the best thing for sex since the evolution of the opposable thumb.
I'd say you had a point if it wasn't for all the guys looking to cyber sex up underaged kids

Not always.. a lot of people are furries and are looking to sex up dragon-taurs with 3 sets of breasts.

..A joke! Don't kill me!

Somber Cat
Pundit

« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2007, 16:05:32 EDT »

Ever been to Yiffstar.com?  Trust me, it ain't a joke.

"Thanks Bunny Boy."

Somber
Zavion
This is my title.
Talking Head

« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2007, 16:08:40 EDT »

Ever been to Yiffstar.com?  Trust me, it ain't a joke.

"Thanks Bunny Boy."

Somber

Not all furries are like that, exactally.

Gizensha
Free Speech Advocate

Dragon Winged Fox

« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2007, 16:10:00 EDT »

Not all furries are like that, exactally.

No, but yiffstar.com has some good fiction on it...

Quote from: Tim Guest
Interactive Fiction is computer gaming's best parallel with poetry: complex, subtle, and these days absolutely unsaleable.

Quote from: Raph Koster
Art and entertainment are not terms of type - they are terms of intensity
Darkeforce
Banned
Political Thinktank

Forum's Punching Bag

« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2007, 21:22:32 EDT »

For those of you who like to sign online petitions, here is a petition they're going to sent to Ah-nold to tell him to refuse Paris Hilton's request to be pardoned.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/send-paris-to-jail.html

"Going to War for Peace,
is like Screwing for Virginity."

"Politics. It's like having evil cake, and eating it, too" - Torg - Sluggy Freelance
FireyTiger
Campaign Directors
Talking Head

Keith Olbermann's Stalker, apparently...

« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2007, 22:02:02 EDT »

You do realize that most likely the Governator is just going to find this whole thing patently ridiculous and throw both petitions across the room rolling his eyes? I know the man's an idiot but I don't think he sees himself or anyone else as above the law. It's over 45 fucking days in jail for breaking probation and driving on a suspended license! It's not like she's going to the gas chambers or something.

Quote from: azdb7
I'm sorry, you still seem to think your opinion is relevant.  Please re-examine the earlier posts and try again.
rogue-kun
Dog of Lysdexics
Pundit

When I grow up I wanna be a kid

« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2007, 22:14:16 EDT »

Also such a potiopn that does not try to limit it self to Cal, redent is not going to have much weight at all for a Cal Gov

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dew of the mountain that thoughts acquire speed; the hands acquire shakes; the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Economic Left/Right: -7.38 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.79
This message is encoded with ROT26. Decoding is punishable by law under the DMCA.
Rogue's Weyr Rogue's Rabblings
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: