Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Primary source for a report on comics
I Read This
December 13, 2018, 01:17:10 EST *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you have any issues at all, visit our support site.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Primary source for a report on comics  (Read 1168 times)
foxdemon
Political Analyst

« on: February 15, 2007, 02:51:42 EST »

I am writing a report on comics and their effect on society.  I think that as a political cartoonist You (David Craig Simpson) would be the ideal primary source because of your ability to powerfully articulate arguments with both intensity and clarity.  It's focus is mostly on propaganda comics subjects covered include:

-Womens sufferage and life magazine's role in holding it back (until about 1920 when they started supporting it)
-Propaganda comics as an instrument of china's cultural revolution
-Jack T chick and his claim that he "thousands of people" have been "saved" by his comics
-World war 2 propaganda comics such as those drawn by theodore geissel between 1941 and 1943

I'd like to clarify that I don't place you in the same category as communist revolutionaries or Jack T Chick quite the contrary I have alot of respect for you.  I have seen that comics have a power to influence people strongly because a comic's message is delivered quickly and can contain subtle messages that the reader doesn't even have to consciously notice for them to take effect.  I would appreciate your input on the subject of comic's effect on society please.  It doesnt have to be a lot just as long as they are your thoughts as a professional political cartoonist.
(perhaps i should have PMed this to you but I thought the other forum goers would find the idea interesting)

"an eye for an eye will only leave the world blind"-mohatmas ghandi

ps. read comic mischeif (http://foxdemon.keenspace.com)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: