Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Keenspot Newsbox - Comment from Ted Rall
I Read This
December 13, 2018, 02:22:47 EST *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Lupinia Hosting Community, which hosts I Read This, is supported by donations!  Please contribute if you're able, click here for details.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Keenspot Newsbox - Comment from Ted Rall  (Read 2037 times)
Sapphire A. Moerlevad
Cirqueophile
Political Analyst

Nothing is personal.

« on: January 04, 2007, 13:57:29 EST »

I can't help but be curious... this is kind of a big deal, isn't it, at least to some degree? What, did Rall just e-mail you one day, or... how did a well-known national political cartoonist come to comment on IDT, and how'd it get to the newsbox, I guess.

Just curious. Not to put pressure on nobody.

Visit My blog, Five Minutes of Blue. Leave Comments. Meet people. Change the world.
Icedragon
Campaign Management Staff
Pundit

IDT colorist

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 14:32:31 EST »

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else." - Teddy Roosevelt

"The internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck. It's a series of tubes!" -Sen. Ted Stevens
Liberal Eagle
The Arteest
Political Analyst

A lefty bird in a hat

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 00:25:29 EST »

Yup. Ted contacted me about being in the "Attitude 3" anthology (you can buy it on Amazon--there's a long interview with me in it Smiley ). After that, I asked him if he'd blurb my book, and he said sure.

The full quote is longer--the rest of it is "D.C. Simpson effectively channels the ghost of Walt Kelly, during his brilliant pre-cranky-right-wing phase."

"Am I the only one who just wants to play hopscotch and bake cookies and watch The McLaughlin Group? Hello?" -Lisa Simpson
Just Some Kid
Talking Head

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 00:28:27 EST »

I have that book and it's great. Not only is D.C. showcased here, it also contains interviews from other fine, underappreciated cartoonists, such as T.K. Dye and August Pollak.

(oh, and next time you channel the ghost of Walt Kelly, ask him what he thought of the short-lived, 1980s revival of "Pogo")
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 04:50:23 EST by cbrubaker » Logged
BunnyBoy
Your stressed out bunny
Pundit

Blessed are the cheese makers

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 00:48:57 EST »

I realy love the image of Joe there
I don't know why I just do

but it did make me wonder something

Does He line his bird cage with the articals he doesn't like?
Icedragon
Campaign Management Staff
Pundit

IDT colorist

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 00:57:58 EST »

That and O'Reilly Factor Transcripts.

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else." - Teddy Roosevelt

"The internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck. It's a series of tubes!" -Sen. Ted Stevens
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: