Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Civil War
I Read This
May 24, 2018, 13:43:23 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Lupinia Hosting Community, which hosts I Read This, is supported by donations!  Please contribute if you're able, click here for details.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Civil War  (Read 5328 times)
Icedragon
Campaign Management Staff
Pundit

IDT colorist

« on: August 14, 2006, 12:39:52 EDT »

Zombie Lincoln!!

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else." - Teddy Roosevelt

"The internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck. It's a series of tubes!" -Sen. Ted Stevens
Just Some Kid
Talking Head

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 03:48:53 EDT »

I like what you did with the word baloon in the first panel. Never seen it before.
purplecat
Mad Scientist
Pundit

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 08:25:55 EDT »

And why the zombie lincoln? Sure, It's probably more fun to colour like that, but it's a little oversimplified to say "Well, lincoln's been dead for over a century, if he's talking to the president it must be a reanimated corpse" This strip has talking eagles and Woodrow Wilson playing GTA. A little suspension of disbelief is allowed, I think.

Purplecat: Keeper of the political compass thread. Want to be on the graph? post your results here

Me: (No, seriously, this entire forum has the attention span of an..... oooh! shiny!)
Daedalus
Pundit

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 08:45:15 EDT »

Lincoln just makes such a cool zombie though Smiley

Reviled did I live, said I, as evil I did deliver.

So basically Hillary Clinton's point is, "Yes, I take money from lobbyists, because they're real people with real needs. But don't worry, I don't listen to them."
--Jon Stewart
Sapphire A. Moerlevad
Cirqueophile
Political Analyst

Nothing is personal.

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 09:55:23 EDT »

Well, Lincoln got elected before the advent of Television, so he didn't need to be handsome or tan.

Not to say he wasn't tan--he grew up on farms in the same region I grew up in.

"Real Holographic Evil Lincoln is back!"

Visit My blog, Five Minutes of Blue. Leave Comments. Meet people. Change the world.
Daedalus
Pundit

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 10:01:50 EDT »

Yeah, reminds me of that bit in America: the Book, which describes why the greatest statesmen of the early US wouldn't have a one in a million chance to be elected today. Abraham Lincoln was uncharismatic, and had a high-pitched whiny voice. He'd be doomed from the get-go.

So basically Hillary Clinton's point is, "Yes, I take money from lobbyists, because they're real people with real needs. But don't worry, I don't listen to them."
--Jon Stewart
Icedragon
Pundit

IDT colorist

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 11:54:01 EDT »

Also, Zombies eat Brains, and we all know that Bush has none...

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else." - Teddy Roosevelt

"The internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck. It's a series of tubes!" -Sen. Ted Stevens
Sapphire A. Moerlevad
Cirqueophile
Political Analyst

Nothing is personal.

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 12:17:03 EDT »

Point of order; not all zombies eat brains. Some zombies subsist on electricity, whilst others, most likely those who survive the kiss of the succubus, devour human souls.

Whether or not Bush has a soul is a theological debate, but he most certainly doesn't want things running on electricity.

Visit My blog, Five Minutes of Blue. Leave Comments. Meet people. Change the world.
Daedalus
Pundit

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 12:27:47 EDT »

Are there no zombies that run on coal or crude oil?

--Jon Stewart
Gizensha
Free Speech Advocate

Dragon Winged Fox

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 14:06:34 EDT »

Point of order; not all zombies eat brains. Some zombies subsist on electricity, whilst others, most likely those who survive the kiss of the succubus, devour human souls.

Psh. But everyone knows that foocubi (succubi and incubi) are an excellent way of improving stats. All you have to do is beat the odds of (Intelligence + Charisma + 1)/35 (and that's the odds of a good thing happening rather than a bad thing happening)

Quote from: Tim Guest
Interactive Fiction is computer gaming's best parallel with poetry: complex, subtle, and these days absolutely unsaleable.

Quote from: Raph Koster
Art and entertainment are not terms of type - they are terms of intensity
purplecat
Mad Scientist
Pundit

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 14:46:35 EDT »

Psh. But everyone knows that foocubi (succubi and incubi) are an excellent way of improving stats. All you have to do is beat the odds of (Intelligence + Charisma + 1)/35 (and that's the odds of a good thing happening rather than a bad thing happening)

Just avoid them if they've got a headache.

Purplecat: Keeper of the political compass thread. Want to be on the graph? post your results here

Me: (No, seriously, this entire forum has the attention span of an..... oooh! shiny!)
Gizensha
Free Speech Advocate

Dragon Winged Fox

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006, 15:14:39 EDT »

Just avoid them if they've got a headache.

Mmm. And avoid them indefinitely if they've got a severe headache, since no amount of asparin will clear those.

Quote from: Tim Guest
Interactive Fiction is computer gaming's best parallel with poetry: complex, subtle, and these days absolutely unsaleable.

Quote from: Raph Koster
Art and entertainment are not terms of type - they are terms of intensity
Darkeforce
Banned
Political Thinktank

Forum's Punching Bag

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006, 18:01:33 EDT »

Are there no zombies that run on coal or crude oil?

There are certain fictional molds that can subsist on lamp oil. They could probably handle crude. All you'd have to do is somehow convince them to take on a humanoid form, and you'd have a passable oil-sucking zombie.

"Going to War for Peace,
is like Screwing for Virginity."

"Politics. It's like having evil cake, and eating it, too" - Torg - Sluggy Freelance
Schroedinger's Cat
Political Analyst

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2006, 19:27:17 EDT »

Would it be a stretch to call the average American driver a zombie subsisting on light, sweet crude??

Ketchup has natural mellowing agents, Jim...
Life is flowing, like ketchup, in the wind... ketchup... ketchup... ketchup...
--The Ketchup Advisory Board
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: