Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/public/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Bloom County
I Read This
September 23, 2018, 08:17:29 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Lupinia Hosting Community, which hosts I Read This, is supported by donations!  Please contribute if you're able, click here for details.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bloom County  (Read 3020 times)
Icedragon
Campaign Management Staff
Pundit

IDT colorist

« on: May 23, 2006, 20:38:28 EDT »

I think Sparky is the son of Opus and Commander LaForge...

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else." - Teddy Roosevelt

"The internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck. It's a series of tubes!" -Sen. Ted Stevens
Just Some Kid
Talking Head

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 21:20:58 EDT »

I don't know who Commander LaForge is, but I'll take your word for it.

What's with birds in political comic-strips? We have Opus, Sparky in TMW, Joe the Eagle....and some may argue...Mallard Fillmore.....

Is Joe the Eagle imitating Biff (one of the characters in "This Modern World") in the last panel?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 21:22:50 EDT by cbrubaker » Logged
rogue-kun
Dog of Lysdexics
Pundit

When I grow up I wanna be a kid

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 04:16:01 EDT »

Chief Engineer Commander Gordie LaForgue from Star Trek: The Next Generation

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dew of the mountain that thoughts acquire speed; the hands acquire shakes; the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Economic Left/Right: -7.38 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.79
This message is encoded with ROT26. Decoding is punishable by law under the DMCA.
Rogue's Weyr Rogue's Rabblings
Gizensha
Free Speech Advocate

Dragon Winged Fox

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 14:41:16 EDT »

Chief Engineer Commander Gordie LaForgue from Star Trek: The Next Generation

Or Helmsman until the end of Season 1...

Quote from: Tim Guest
Interactive Fiction is computer gaming's best parallel with poetry: complex, subtle, and these days absolutely unsaleable.

Quote from: Raph Koster
Art and entertainment are not terms of type - they are terms of intensity
Icedragon
Pundit

IDT colorist

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 20:25:37 EDT »

And he wore cool looking glasses, kind of like the ones Sparky wears.

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else." - Teddy Roosevelt

"The internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck. It's a series of tubes!" -Sen. Ted Stevens
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: